Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

OK here?s my plea for help. I need a shield holder set, or side covers for this helmet. If anyone has a line or info on where to purchase please post up. These parts are no longer available from the factory so I am looking for NOS parts. Thanks.

Helmet: Arai
Model: Signet GT
Color: Squadra Black

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
How old is it?

Might be time to retire it ... 5 - 6 year life.

Ebay for exact copy might be your best bet. I don't think you need the exact size but if
your going to buy, I would like an exact copy down to size for obvious reasons.

Check out BMW dealers ... those guys are unbelievable when it comes to stocking "strange" parts.
They are quite the eclectic bunch! :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently said:
How old is it?

Might be time to retire it ... 5 - 6 year life.

Ebay for exact copy might be your best bet.  I don't think you need the exact size but if
your going to buy, I would like an exact copy down to size for obvious reasons.

Check out BMW dealers ... those guys are unbelievable when it comes to stocking "strange" parts.
They are quite the eclectic bunch!   :)
That sounds great, you buying? ;D I'll check the BMW stores BTW the lid is just about to turn 4yrs old

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
I'll look around at work tomorrow and see if we've got any laying around.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have you checked with your local dealer and they told you they are no longer made, or were you told by Arai? I lost a side cover for my 3-4 year old Astral and was told the same thing by the dealer. I pitched a fit and raised hell about how they can't provide replacement parts for a $500 still within it's usable life. They called Arai and magically they still make the part (or have them laying around), but the dealer was just too lazy to call the 1st time. Plus they sold me just the side I needed instead of making me buy a pair.

Might or might not be the case with your lid too...lazy dealer? Like your sig...the impossible just takes more time. You might try calling Arai direct at (610) 837-4210 and see what they say. Otherwise if they are truly out of production you might be able to get a side cover that fits the helmet, but doesn't match the existing graphics. Plain black might not look too bad (although I know it's not what you want). HTH...

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Personally, I think you owe him a rack of Heineken or Sam Adams!   ;D

Don't I like spending your money or what! <LOL>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts