Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MIRROR SPACERS for SV CURVEY

Ok I keep getting asked to make them for the original SV650s but unless I get a first batch of say 50 orders I will be doing them with no margins at all. Tool set up time cost of jigs etc. I can get them done Easley if someone has a copy of the old ones that used to be made by someone else. Not sure who it was? But if I had a template plus the fasteners, as I believe your mirrors have studs on the inside I will need to add extenders for fitting on the inside of the fairing, then I could get this one off the ground at a slightly smaller price than the ones I do now for the new SV as there is slightly less machine time on these from what I can see.

So if anybody can send me one of there old ones to make a start I will pay what you want or we can come to some kind of arrangement then I will be able to help fellow SV owners with this problem.

Names below please if interested in a set made.

(1)GeorgeZboy...............PAID..POSTED
(2)derxz
(3)WiscBadger
(4)lawnboy1956 (Crash bike not needed now)
(5)amcfreak................PAID..POSTED
(6)derxz
(7)diggiddy..................PAID..POSTED
(8)nurseratchet
(9)Tazzy.......................PAID..POSTED
(10)wbever
(11) C Carilli................PAID..POSTED

www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GeorgeZboy said:
I'm in for a set. Somebody get this guy a prototype!
Thanks, I thought this was a bit of a problem on the 650 ?? only one?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in. #3

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
derxz said:
i have a local friend that may be interested also, if the price is right.
About £29 to £30 to your door anywere in the world. One price

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE

Ok I have now taken this to the next stage. The prototypes are to be made late next week or week after and if I can I will post up photos on the forum. I just need to borrow a bike to be able to show the full effect.
I still don?t have enough of you to make this truly viable yet but I hope when you see how they look and function on the bike the spare ones from the batch will go out.
That?s presuming the feedback is good as I do think this is very important. Weather you like them or not I still need to know.
Once I am happy to go into production I will be sending out PMs to all on the list asking for payments one week prior to me get the first run off done. I will add it to my web page www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/ so you can use the pay pall method or I will PM you my address and you can send me a cheque in the post.
Please feel free to add you names to the list by posting in this thread.

Regards chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
chewy22 said:
derxz said:
How much is that in US dollars?

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WiscBadger said:
chewy22 said:
derxz said:
How much is that in US dollars?

Thanks
Todays rate = $52

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:19 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is taking a little longer than expected to get the prototype ready.
I will keep you up to speed soon as I have any news.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE MIRROR EXTENDERS 90>02 650s

UPDATE MIRROR EXTENDERS 90>02 650s

Update on the mirror extenders for the 1990 to 2002 SV650s. I now have the prototype made and ready to fit onto a bike to test. Just need to get hold of my neighbour?s bike (as mine is the new SV1K) for a test fit photos and a quick spin out. The finish will be the same as the ones I make for my bike. I am just trying to source a cheaper supply of the coupling barrels to extend the threads from the original mirrors. I have everything else in order. As soon as I get the new barrels I will start with the first batch. I need to hold back just in case there are any slight changes in size of the other components or the tool time will go through the roof.
The extenders will bring out the mirrors by approximately one inch and will blend in nicely with the rest of the bike. The cost will be no more than £29 but probably less on the first batch of 50 plus postage and packing, which will be a maximum of £3.50.
Our nearest rival charges £68.92 plus postage of £3.50.
I will not be asking for any money until I am sure I can take delivery within one week. As soon as I am ready I will ether PM email or phone you to arrange payments. It will be added to my web page but I will hold back your pre-orders at a lower price for a length of time, which I have yet to work out. I will allow time for holidays etc and for members to be able to have the funds ready. I prefer pay-pall payments but I will take a cheque in the post, just PM and I will arrange it.

Just like to say thanks for your patience and sorry this is taking a lot longer than anticipated.

I still have about 20 units out of the first batch if you wish to add your name to the list above in the first post just let me know via this thread.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry this is taking so long I am just awating costs and supplies for only one componant. Any day now.Please feel free to add names to list in first post.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts