TBR Slipon
150 mains
needle is on the 3rd clip
A/F screw is 3.5 turns out

Here are the dyno runs.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
my 2002 came with a de-snorkled (OEM) air filter and stock exhaust... it had 150 mains and 2 shims under the needles. I would have expected that you'd have gone with a larger main jet.

Maybe someone who can make sense of the A/F chart can chime in about your jetting...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Who did your Dyno run, it's way off!! The two curves are suppose to cross at 5252, from the looks above they cross at 6262, what's that all about? Anyway did you end up changing your pilots out? I would change to 17.5's if you didn't then have another go at the Dyno. That should clear things up.

Grav.

·
Registered
113 Posts
GraVitY said:
Who did your Dyno run, it's way off!! The two curves are suppose to cross at 5252, from the looks above they cross at 6262, what's that all about? Anyway did you end up changing your pilots out? I would change to 17.5's if you didn't then have another go at the Dyno. That should clear things up.

Grav.
Pilots control fuel at idle speed and I don't see how that would effect the dyno run

·
Registered
449 Posts
Arvan said:
GraVitY said:

Grav.
Pilots control fuel at idle speed and I don't see how that would effect the dyno run
You've been misinformed, pilots control midrange, not idle, that's the job for the idle screw.

Grav.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pilots

Need to spend more time with two strokes. Pilot does NOT control idle. It controls mixture from about 1/8 throttle to above 1/4. as you move from 1/4 to 1/2, the needle takes over, but the circuits are additive (that is, the mixture from the pilot gets added to the mixture from the needle.

Ideal ratio is closer to 14.7. The mixture chart looks rich to me all the way across the rev range. Try going leaner. Is the air filter clean? Try a smaller main and see what happens.

Ari

(Wisdom born of two stroke seizures . . . at full throttle at the end of the straight . . . ba BOOM)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jetting

Also, most folks I've heard from have the clip on the second notch of the needle from the top. Dropping the needle one more notch also leans out the mixture in the mid throttle range, getting that ratio up from the mid 13s that the chart shows.

For seat of the pants measure from two stroke world, try riding and at mid to 3/4 throttle on a nice straight section of road, add choke. Does it get better or worse? If it gets worse you know at least that your mixture isn't rich! If it gets better, it may mean that I'm all wrong and your mixture is TOO lean!

Ari

1 - 8 of 8 Posts