Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from vacation and I am fed up carrying two cameras - one for stills and one for video. I want a nice compact camera that will do both. What are some good models out there? If I can find it on eBay cheap it is even better!

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Just a thought, I bought my daughter a Kodak for her birthday. It is a 15MP, records in 720P and stills can be taken from the video too. I don't have the model number handy, but I know she really likes it.

Sony also make some nice long range zoom recorders that take stll shots, not much bigger than the palm of a hand. Some are 66X to 128X.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any others?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
This is a very nice camera that does great 12.1 Megapixel stills plus crisp .MOV 720p video. :)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SD780IS-Stabilized-Black/dp/B001SER47Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8[/ame]

I have 2 of these myself. One silver and one black. I liked it so much, I bought a second one. I have the black one that is brand new that I'll sell to you for $300.00 even. It'll come with an extra battery and I'll throw in a 8 Gig card with it if interested.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still looking for some advice...

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
I stopped using a video camcorder years ago after buying one of Casio's better grade (at the time) digital cameras. I was very happy with both the video and still performance of the camera. IIRC it was around 7 MP. I would assume that you could get good results w/just about any of the Casio models that fit whatever budget you have in mind.

I just looked on Amazon and saw a similar camera used for about $50, so it could almost be a throw-away purchase to test one of the older models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts