Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Have you even gone to the dealer and tried one one?

Does it fit?

As for the looks, they both look great, buy both of them!   ;D

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My girlfriend hates them both.  I think that that may be one reason that I like them.  Although she also told me that I am not allowed to get a helmet with yellow in it, since my sv is yellow.  That makes no sense to my male brain.

Now my friends could call me Maverick!

Actually going to try them on now, don't got to be in to work till 2ish...WOO HOO!

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
rocklax said:
My girlfriend hates them both. I think that that may be one reason that I like them. Although she also told me that I am not allowed to get a helmet with yellow in it, since my sv is yellow. That makes no sense to my male brain.

Now my friends could call me Maverick!

Actually going to try them on now, don't got to be in to work till 2ish...WOO HOO!
Don't ever buy a helmet without trying it on!

I learned that lesson at the dealer when I was looking at helmets.
Tried HJC, KBC, Suomy and Arai ... the Arai was the best fit of the lot but it still sucked.
When I put a Shoei on my head, that is when I knew how a helmet should fit ... nice even pressure ALL OVER!
Just like a quality glove on your hands.

As for yellow helmets, I have a yellow '05 and my Shoei is yellow.

People see me when I ride cause I notice the difference between the gray Arai and the yellow Shoei

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
DougZ has the second and he'll get really jealous is someone else has the same one.

The first is ugly with the jaw/mouth/teeth.

Keep looking in my opinion. HJC has some other cool designs. KBC and Scorpion do as well. But go try them all on first and then pick design

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Z1R strike or blade models, the safest helmet made for motorcycling right now according to motorcyclist testing earlier last year. $89 bucks from Parts unlimited. www.z1rhelmets.com ... they have decent graphics

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thejimdaddy said:
is there an option for "not a KBC" ;D
I was also thinking about buying a random black helmet, putting on a yellow stripe and a Steelers Helmet decal. That might be better.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The paint on the Force S is glossy, whereas the Force RR is a dull flat - makes it look less 3D and cheap, but the venting looks better. KBC also changed interior liners between' 05 and '06 models, you NEED to try both on for fit.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Morpheous said:
Z1R strike or blade models, the safest helmet made for motorcycling right now according to motorcyclist testing earlier last year.
I think you need to re-read that article.
It does not say it is the safest helmet for motorcycling.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Matoo said:
I think you need to re-read that article.
It does not say it is the safest helmet for motorcycling.
Sure it does, in every way but directly at the risk of loosing all helmet advertising dollars. re-read it. ( for the majority of falls, the softer Polycarb shell actually dissapates energy better by deforming somewhat(and doesnt crack), and the softer density EPS liner decellerates the skull better than all the others tested) 154Gs was the lowest rating. or am I missing something?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts