Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Main Fuse blows as soon as i insert it. Problem started after riding in a heavy rain strom. Have pulled all other fuses so no other subsystem should get power still blowing the main fuse when i insert it. Also the front cyclinder is not firing. Don't know if the two problems are related.

Need any and all advice

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm going to guess that either some exposed wiring is blowing it in some way or something along the same lines with some unevaporated water somewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same thing happened to me but it would run for a minute or so. It first happened on the front straing at TWS and it freaked me out. I took the wiring diagram and vent over everything. I had 1/2 of the wiring harness out of the bike. I bypassed the side stand switch, and had all lights / gauges disconnected when I put race fairngs on. I didn't find any specific problem, and it seems to work now. I think I got some water into wiring harness and it might have shortened it out. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Blowing the 30amp main fuse has to be from a hard short somewhere. Water will not conduct 30amps at 12v.

Water can definitely kill the front cylinder but can't, by itself, blow the main fuse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts