Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Svriders. I was looking at my thermostat and saw some drips of antifreeze between the cylinders space. I tracked and one of the hoses is escaping antifreeze, I think one clamp is not well attached. The problem is that I cannot get to that clamp trough the frame, and removing the airbox sounds a lil bit complicated since I never removed it before. Should I pay attention to a certain thing If I remove the airbox? Is there any other way to get to the thermostat hoses than removing the airbox? Other thing hose related: I found some silicone hose kits for Sv650 (like 50-60 bucks). Why are those so expensive? Someone told me that the cooling capacity is higher at the silicone hoses. Did anyone used them around here?

·
Registered
968 Posts
taking the airbox off isnt all that difficult. a few screws/clamps here and there and it should pop right off. just make sure that all the connections and tiny vacuum hoses are hooked up right when you put it back on. everything really kind of stays where it is (hoses and connectors), so hooking everything up should be a breeze.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1

Be sure you attach the crank case breather hoses BACK to the air box when you put it together, else your left leg will get sprayed with a noxious mix of oil mist and unburned gas the next time you ride.
Done it! It was pretty simple. It was a nice thing, learned new things and cleaned all the dust, tightened some screws, removed the front fairing side brackets since I am converting from S to N, removed the expansion antifreeze tank, cleaned it. I'll be sure to plug back all the hoses/connectors that I removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts