Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just bought a 2005 SV650 and while being new to both the bike and motorcycling, I am not quite sure what to make on the exhaust installed (see the picture below.) It sounds cool, but I am not sure my neighbors will agree, so I am looking to put on a new exhaust.

That being the case, I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can help with:
  • Do you think I would I be able to install a slip on exhaust without too much hacking
  • Is this thing worth anything after I take it off? Should I try to sell it?
Thanks much!

Carlos.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks like the muffler tip from a car..does it have any identifying marks on it? You should be able to un-bolt it, and slip on the new one in its place, as long as they left enough of the midpipe in place.

-Tyler

·
Registered
546 Posts
1. It doesn't look like it would be a problem to get a slip-on to fit on there; and if it is, you can always make the mid-pipe longer on the new slip-on.
2. Sadly, no. After all, it just looks like an exhaust tip. You can try your luck with Craigslist, but I doubt you'll get much for it.

What other modifications does it have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great! Now it's time for me to dive into the exhaust thread and find something that will get the job done.

Regarding other mods, the only other thing I am aware of is the removed fender and rear blinkers. All else is stock.

Carlos.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Get rid of that POS tip and put on something a bit less ass hole-ish.

Then move onto mods that matter--upgrading the suspension and the seat. Put on a set of Motosliders. A Wolo/Nautilus horn for inattentive cagers.

The rest is just bling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts