Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my '02 SVS and I miss her already.

My dilemma: I like the sport bike look but I don't race (or even ride very fast). In fact most of my ride time is at traffic speed commuting in Manhattan.

Should I get another SVS and put Heli bars on it?

Does anyone have experience with the Kawi ZX6R? I have a slightly dinged up '07 available for $4400. Is that a good deal? Can I make it comfortable?

Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
buy a naked and get the fairings for it. upright position AND FAIRINGS! win win
The cost of the subframe, headlights, instruments, etc. would be prohibitive. It would be less expensive to change the bars on the SVS.

How about the Kawi?

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
do what I did...get a naked SV for the comfort and dress it up to fit your taste

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I went to the motorcycle show in January. I don't know about the 07, but I thought that the 09 ZX6 was suprisingly comfortable. Moreso than the Yamaha's or the GSXR's.

If the Kawi is rubbing you the right way, then get it.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
No hi-speed?
Heavy Manhattan traffic?

Supermoto. Good visibility, easy lane splitter, hooligan. Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Dan- Wow! That looks perfect! How much did the conversion cost?

QUOTE]

I did it slowly in phases...but I lucked into some great deals from members here for the fairing and doo dads and wheeled some great deals on EFlay for the front end and wheels, etc.
After I sold my parts it wasn't that great of a total cost...maybe 400 bucks all told, plus labor..

But we ALL know it's a labor of love...now to just get that nomination lol.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I rode an '07 ZX-6r and loved it. Smooth as all get out, amazing suspension and brakes, stable, great sounding Two Bros. exhaust, etc etc. The only problem is it has virtually no low-end torque and the racy body positioning.

If you value comfort the ability to quickly dodge hazards by accelerating on a whim, get an SVS and put higher clip ons or standard bars on it (easier, and many times cheaper, than putting an SVS fairing/lights on an SVN)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Dan- Wow! That looks perfect! How much did the conversion cost?

Daimler- What did you like/not like about the gsxr in the city? Do you find the SV more comfortable? What about low speed maneuvering?
sv is more comfortable (except the seat. gsxr had the sv beat in that department), but that's not what i like about it more. faster power. if you need to get out of the way, you're moving. gsxr you gotta get the revs up. it's only a slight difference, but it makes a difference. plus girls like the twin...

·
Registered
88 Posts
The ZX6R is a really nice bike, I loved the cassette transmission + easy gear changes at the track, great all around bike, they did have issues with cam bucket wear on the 07's not sure why they also changed head gaskets on 08's, only a 2 year design motor so it raises questions. On long rides it is not comfortable, low end is gutless but 1st gear is insane! 16.5K rpms and 90mph on speedo :eek: but more like 85mph, it raises hair on the back of your neck;D I sold it as I wanted something that I can enjoy on long rides yet still have a sport bike, the SV fit the bill and now it looks better than the ZX6R:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts