Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mounted a hotbodies under tail kit and put the license plate where the under tail meets the battery box. There is No light down there so I am looking for a cheap way to light up my plate that looks good. I found a rumble import bolt light that?s white. And I bought some blue led lights that are junk from advanced auto parts for 7 bucks (they only light up straight out)... I?m really looking for some blue and/or white ones (that are directional and work). Does any body know any makers under like 30 bucks?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
any LED light that is not housd in a bulb like diffuser is only going to send light straight in direction its pointed... that is the one drawback to LED's. I put LED lights in for rear brake lights and they don't illuminate the whole brake light housing light real bulbs do for example. If you use LED type lights... you must aim them at whatever you want to light up.

Maybe look into one of those 3 inch neon light bars (I think I seen a white one once) that Adv. Auto places sell... they might put out light more omni-directional ;)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
You want a LED step light from Signal Dynamics. Simple and easy to wire up and you should be able to find this in more motoshop everywhere. Check out your local HD or custom shops or bike week or bike fest activities. :)

==> http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/ministars/step.asp

I love mine!!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I did mine myself for about $10. Bulb and bolt type housing from Radio Smack. 1K ohm resistor. Be sure to wire it right (apparently LED's are meant to have the current running one direction not the other?) and you're done. If you're interested I can provide more help and details.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts