Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was riding my bike all weekend and it rode fine. stopped for a min and when i went to turn it back on it started making a LOUD knocking noise which was coming from the front of the engine right behind the radiator. it also started leaking oil out of the bolt right there and the bolt was ratteling pretty bad. Anyone had this problem or have any clue what could be wrong?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you do a lot of wheelies... long ones, maybe? It doesn't sound good to me. Sounds like you may have damaged the forward piston or rings. Ordinarily that wouldn't happen while you're stopped, though, which makes this case seem odd (though I suppose if you stopped the engine while it was really hot it might have seized and broken loose).

Any other thoughts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
griswold510 said:
was riding my bike all weekend and it rode fine. stopped for a min and when i went to turn it back on it started making a LOUD knocking noise which was coming from the front of the engine right behind the radiator. it also started leaking oil out of the bolt right there and the bolt was ratteling pretty bad. Anyone had this problem or have any clue what could be wrong?
what bolt?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure what its called....its a hex nut in the front of the casing.... and nope dont ever wheelie it ever

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
griswold510 said:
not sure what its called....its a hex nut in the front of the casing.... and nope dont ever wheelie it ever
can you show me pic of that hex nut,or part number from ronayers?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
usualy sign of broken crank or flywheel comin lose.take that whole cover off and you will know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
take cover off and see what is wrong first,than think about cost to fix.I am just guessing on crank.
if crank is broken look for used motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts