Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came out to 2001 sv650 that had been sitting in the garage for two days and found a few drops of green liquid coming from the bolts that hold the lid to engine. Don't know what it is or why it is.

Any advice or knowledge is appreciated.

· Registered
5,388 Posts
Green liquid is coolant. What is the "lid" to the engine?
We should take bets.
My guess: lid= water pump cover.

jhza619, was it abnormally cold in the last couple days? Post a picture and you'll have an answer much faster, though guessing is fun too.

BTW, welcome to SVR.

· Premium Member
4,285 Posts
We should take bets.
My guess: lid= water pump cover.

jhza619, was it abnormally cold in the last couple days? Post a picture and you'll have an answer much faster, though guessing is fun too.

BTW, welcome to SVR.
I was thinking the lid might be the air box, but that makes no sense at all for a green liquid unless it's the guts of some giant green bug.

Maybe the lid is the radiator, then green liquid would make sense.

I love guess!

You guys are probably right though. :(

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Had some green drips on the slab under the bike two weeks ago. Under the bike on the left side.

After some close inspection, I located the source as the big hose going to the radiator from the engine block on the left side.

Couple of tweeks of the band clamp and there's no more leak.

Things need tightening up once in a while.

· Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Came out to 2001 sv650 that had been sitting in the garage for two days and found a few drops of green liquid coming from the bolts that hold the lid to engine. Don't know what it is or why it is.

Any advice or knowledge is appreciated.
MUST have more info. Take a picture if you can - but at the very least, describe which 'lid' you're referring to. The SV engine is not known for coolant leaks beyond the typical water-pump-weep that had a recall on it.

· Registered
5,388 Posts
I think it was "The Blob" and our misidentification has lead to jhza619's consumption and by now digestion by said "The Blob".

· Registered
4,196 Posts
how about a leak from the hose on the coolant recovery tank, blowing on to the valve cover, thus giving the illusion of coming from the "lid" of the engine.
(of course, it COULD be the blob.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.