Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... get a red-tailed hawk.

For some strange reason, we have a large feral cat population in our office complex. We're pretty sure the retirement home and the dumpsters over by the food court have been feeding them. I've almost hit one several times when they'll come running out of a storm drain, or out from under a car.

Well, it seems as though our neighborhood red-tailed hawk, who we've named "Ed", has apparently told his friends. The past few days, we've noticed as many as 3 different hawks outside our building alone (Our building seems to be Feral Cat HQ). Well, coming back from lunch, a group of people saw one of them killing a cat in the parking lot. Pretty much eating it alive... well... for a little bit anyway. He has since carried it off somewhere else.

First time I've seen a hawk attack something. It was quite impressive, as the cat was not small, and the hawk wasn't that much bigger.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
did you get any pics???

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I do not have my camera.
WTF dude:angry1:... you should carry that thing at all times, everywhere.... except when you go to the bathroom.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
That's b/c he knows good food. Yum, cats!

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
My heads about to explode from all the 'eating pu$$y' jokes screaming to bust out.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Last summer I was eating lunch out by the Koi pond at work, and out of nowhere, I hear this "Scrrrreeee!" and this hawk (don't know what kind, it was going really fast) comes screaming out of nowhere and snatches this all while Koi out of the pond and flies away. Easily one of the coolest things I've seen in recent history.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
My heads about to explode from all the 'eating pu$$y' jokes screaming to bust out.
I hope it ain't the head in your pants.
oh, and there ain't nuthin funny about eatin' pu$$y...that's some serious chit right there bub.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
what the fu©k is holdin ya back?
There's so many I can't sort through them well enough to form a coherent statement.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Anything that kills cats is alright by me. Go hawks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
The state, a few years back, re-introduced Peregrine Falcons to our area, along the Tennessee River.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Peregrine_Falcon.html

*The Peregrine Falcon is a very fast flier, averaging 40-55 km/h (25-34 mph) in traveling flight, and reaching speeds up to 112 km/h (69 mph) in direct pursuit of prey. During its spectacular hunting stoop from heights of over 1 km (0.62 mi), the peregrine may reach speeds of 320 km/h (200 mph) as it drops toward its prey.
End Quote

I was up on one of our structures, (at work), killing time til break after finishing a job. I watched eagles fishing in the river for a bit. Some doves flew past me, maybe 50 yards away, and a Peregrine hit one in a full on verticle dive. I didn't even realize what had happened until I saw him flying away with the dove. Just a dark streak from above, then an explosion of feathers. One of the coolest things I have ever seen in nature. If I had to pick an animal to be, this would probably be the one.

Dan

_______

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Why do guys get enjoyment out of cats getting killed? Does it make you feel like a man over the internet? If I ever caught anyone hurting mine, I guarantee the torture involved would make world history:evil1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts