Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 sv650 is cutting out at like 7,000rpm it ran fine then i stopped, got back on and it was cutting out. I put some iso-heat in the gas and it didn't help. I don't know WTF is going on.
Help is you can!!!!!

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Any more information? Like:
Weather/temperature when the problem began?
Did you check continuity on the plug wires? Getting spark at >7000 rpm?
Have you checked to see if you've got a mechanical problem with your throttle cable? Are your butterflies opening? Do you have gasoline flowing from your carbs' secondary?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was nice out, muggy
It kinda acts like i am hitting the rev limiter and it only does it under load
I can slowly roll on the throttle while in neutrel and it will redline. but when i am riding i can't rev over appox. 7,000

It acts as though it is running out of fuel. I have fuel in the tank but under load at high rpm's it cutts out.
Help!!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pls. describe what happened before/ after your stop, and why/ how long you stopped (i.e. gas stop, 5min).

You have gas in the tank, but how much? Half full or more?

Any maintenance, mods or minor problems around the time the problem started?

It sounds like fuel starvation, but so do a lot of things. You might try draining the float bowls (the next step beyond the dry gas you used) just in case it is a fuel contamination problem.

:)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually stopped at a strip club :p
I had only 80 miles on the tank. I stopped for like 45min. I drained the bowls earlier this summer. But i may need to do it again huh??

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I've had the same problem... it hasnt done it lately, but I am not sure if its fixed or not.

Some people have had this problem and its been because of the ignition coils going bad or something.

do a search for sv325

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, one thing i forgot to state is how this came about.
we were on the interstate and my buddy on his chopper passed me so i down shifted and accelerated to catch up, but when i hit like 9,500 it cut out. I was like WTF, so i gassed it again and this time is cut out at 8,500 - 9,000. I checked all the gauges lights etc. and tried again to accelerate and then i would only go to 7,500-7,000
and when it cuts out it back fires alot and smells bad (from what the guy behind me said) he couldn't describe the smell, he just said it smelt funny.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
joker said:
Ok, one thing i forgot to state is how this came about.
we were on the interstate and my buddy on his chopper passed me so i down shifted and accelerated to catch up, but when i hit like 9,500 it cut out. I was like WTF, so i gassed it again and this time is cut out at 8,500 - 9,000. I checked all the gauges lights etc. and tried again to accelerate and then i would only go to 7,500-7,000
and when it cuts out it back fires alot and smells bad (from what the guy behind me said) he couldn't describe the smell, he just said it smelt funny.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
same exact thing mine was doing

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
***update***
I found out that it only happens when the bike warms up
Hope that can shed some light on the situation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts