Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am puttong my rear tire back on after a new tire and 47 tooth sprocket, ive alradey gone downn 1 tooth on thr front, and with my wheel pushed all the way up on the swingarm the chain is tight and wont roll over the sprocket all the way. wtf?

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
mario60185 said:
i am puttong my rear tire back on after a new tire and 47 tooth sprocket, ive alradey gone downn 1 tooth on thr front, and with my wheel pushed all the way up on the swingarm the chain is tight and wont roll over the sprocket all the way. wtf?
Adjusters loosened all the way?? If that's not the problem, take the axle out. Move the wheel forward and put the chain on the sprocket. Now put the axle in.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for future people....on an 092 svs a 14 tooth front and 47 tooth rear will not fit on stock chain!

but second gear wheelies are now roll ons! woohyoo. and it doewsnt feel as short geared as i thought.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Even with my stock chain, when I put on a new rear I had to mount the chain before the axle. I used one of those ratchet straps to support the wheel assy while holding the brakes and inserting the axle.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
on an 092 svs
so you have an SVS that was built in 92? ??????
Or an 09 2nd gen SVS? ??????
EDIT: Original post was in 2005...so can't be an 09 2nd gen...

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
hey, give mario a break, he coined one of the most famous phrases on SVR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts