Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What were those helmets from the UK that look like fighter pilot helmets?

There was a dicusion on here about them a long time ago.

Anybody own one?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You wouldn't be asking about ROOF helmets, would you?

If so, let me know if you buy one. I've been curious about them for years. Here are a couple places to find them online:
DesignerHelmets.com
CustomLids.co.uk

·
Registered
46 Posts
I didn't notice when I found the picture, but that color scheme goes great with my avatar. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the company. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a Roof Boxer helmet 4/5 years ago. it looks fantastic, but the quality is really dodgy, no vents, the seal around the visor doesn't and the chin bar is secured with 2 cheesy snap fasteners. The quality has improved recently apparenly and the full face Diversion model has had some good reviews, but i wouldn't recomend the Boxer. I'd hate to find out how it crashed. :shock: i don't use it anymore

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
The Bumper (the one pictured above) works out to be around $260 plus shipping. Acceptable IMO, but the cool one, the Boxer Star works out to $470.70! Yeah, my head staying in one one peice is worth a lot of my money, but I can't justify that much on cool looks alone. It better wash and style my hair and massage my scalp for that much cash :!: Now that Stu has said what he has while I was drooling, I would have to have hit the Powerball to justify one

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have a roof boxer 5 (the fighter pilot one). like the other guy said. the mouth piece part is help on my a one snap on each side. the visor doesnt fit well and it feel like riding in a convertable after 40mph. just doesnt inspire alot of confadence at all. looks cool though.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
The newer ones are better made, I tried a Daytona and it was (as far as you can tell without taking it to bits) as well put together as the Arai I eventually bought. It just didn't fit, sadly, it seemed to be built for people without chins :)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Why do the Europeans get all the cool helmets? And we here in the US get helmets that look like they were left with 3-year-olds and a box of crayons. I wrote to HJC complaining about not being able to get the Euro graphics on this side of the pond. They said "we're sprry you don't like our new graphics, but they got a lot of "up" votes on facebook." In other words, screw me and my complaints. I'm purchasing a new helmet from England. The freight charge is outrageous ($70), but it's cool as long as I don't have to pay duty on it.

·
Greetings Program
6,284 Posts

Back from the dead...

But I agree with you, they get some really cool looking helmets in Europe.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Necromancy is a lost art. And in Europe they acutally respect motorcycles enough to develop a decent market for the stuff. We can't even lane split in the states ::)

·
Greetings Program
6,284 Posts
There's a YouTube review that just obliterates that Predator helmet...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wouldn't get the helmet... I'm really happy with my Shoei... Looks dope enough as it is with the reflective tape. Vents good, no fogging up. Those helmets look like they're just novelties to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts