Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Scorpion EXO-700 has a problem in the rain. The visor gasket seals perfectly, but there's a bit of visor plastic that is above the gasket on top... this creates a little channel for rain to pool up. It's fine until I have to raise the visor to prevent fogging, and then the pool of water runs down the inside of the visor.

What's the best way to prevent this? Or do other helmets not have this problem?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Go fast enough to blow it out?

I haven't had this problem with my EXO-700. I would probably just give 'er the old glove wipe.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I've only owned 3 helmets but they've all done this. Don't open the visor. ;)
You might consider putting a bead of silicone on the inside to divert the water away from your line of sight.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try shaking your head like a wet dog before open the visor. Will probably look funny.. but should work.
That is close to my current solution... tilting my head for a bit before opening. It's not foolproof but it helps.

Silicone is probably going to be my next plan... not sure how it'll stick to plastic though. I was hoping somebody'd tried it.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I have an HJC but I marked the gasket contact with a Sharpie and then trimmed the visor to the line I marked. There was close to a half inch above the gasket and I was thinking it was contributing to the noise-- Never thought about the water pooling there. (didn't notice any change in noise)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have the same helmet and ride in the rain (alot lately) but don't seem to have that problem. You could turn your head and have the wind blow the water off, thats what i do to get the water droplets off my visor.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I have the same helmet and ride in the rain (alot lately) but don't seem to have that problem. You could turn your head and have the wind blow the water off, thats what i do to get the water droplets off my visor.
It's generally when you've been sitting in traffic for a few minutes and your visor starts fogging up that it occurs to you to lift it, which makes things measurably worse.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Try solving your fogging problem so you don't have to lift the visor up?

Respro Foggy Mask to the rescue!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It's generally when you've been sitting in traffic for a few minutes and your visor starts fogging up that it occurs to you to lift it, which makes things measurably worse.
Oh I didn't see that. My helmet doesn't fog at all unless i have my helmet skirt on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts