Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through my owners manual for the first time the other day and noticed the my 2002 svs has a helmet strap in the back seat...I open it up and sat there for 30 minutes trying to figure out how on earth you strap a helmet to it...has anyone done it before? If so, please offer me some insight!!!

N

·
0 Posts
Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, you just slip the D-ring over the hook and put the seat back on.

:)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ah! I always wondered what the hell that strap was for. I've just used it to slide my air pressure gauge onto...

-josh

N

·
0 Posts
I have never used them -snotty little kids like to dump Coke cans and used bubble gum in yer bucket when you're away from your bike...

:mad:

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Strap? Tire pressure gauge? If you are referring to the large rubber band thing, that's what holds the tool kit in place. There are two helmet hooks, one on either side of the compartment. That's where you hook the D-rings. Then you put the seat on and the helmets are locked. I don't like to use them for various reasons, some cited above.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
ASCSurveyor said:
I have an '05 which has hooks UNDER the seat.  I hook the D ring for the helmet on them, then place the seat back on the bike. 
they're the same on the older body style as well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts