Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't do the ipod thing anymore. It's one more thing to keep up with everyday I simply gave it up. I just don't feal the need to have "my music" with me all the time.

Soooooo-with that in mind , I find myself singing away inside my helmet to what ever song I happen to have stuck in my head. I'm not talking about humming a little tune, I'm talking about singing loud and proud! I have the worst singing voice ever, it's a good thing nobody can hear me. Last sat. I was jammin away inside helmet to Jaime Johson's "in color". I know it's a country song but it was banging around in my head.

This thread is somewhere between the "what song to do you have stuck in your head right now" and the "what music do you listen to while riding thread".

So, am I the only one, or does anyone else want to admit to this, helmet singing.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I definitely enjoy belting out some tunes while hitting the back roads! I never did the shower singing thing but I managed to pick up the helmet singing thing...

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I head bang and dance on my bike. I'm sure I get some weird looks but screw' em. I mostly listen to metal around town, or mellow stuff for a long ride. Although I've put up the music as of recently and just been using ear plugs.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Mostly I tend to make noises involving automatic machine gun fire and explosions at cars and other drivers.

I don't listen to music on the bike. I do have some sort of music always running in my head, though. At red lights I sometimes do a little dance or a bit of mild headbanging.

It's hard to sing and stay on key depending on the road surface. When trying to hold a tone and it comes out as "AaaAA aAA aAAAA aaAAA AaAAaa" it doesn't really sound good.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
after watchin a fellow member work on their bike we went to lunch. I was behind him and another person from the board at a light and I was singing away.
I thought they couldn't hear me, but they both turned aroud and I could see each with a little giggle.
Oops, they could hear me! And so could the lady in the car next to me!
I guess I wasn't as quiet as I thought!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I guess maybe people can hear me- Oh sh!t

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
next stoplight I'm charging admission!

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Mostly I tend to make noises involving automatic machine gun fire and explosions at cars and other drivers.

I don't listen to music on the bike. I do have some sort of music always running in my head, though. At red lights I sometimes do a little dance or a bit of mild headbanging.

It's hard to sing and stay on key depending on the road surface. When trying to hold a tone and it comes out as "AaaAA aAA aAAAA aaAAA AaAAaa" it doesn't really sound good.
:roflmao:

I've been caught several times "bee-bopping" on the bike. And I have a list of songs that I'm no longer allowed to listen to... cause they make me ride like a d-ck... or I've crashed to them. :p

But yeah, I sing too. I do it alot in traffic. It's funny how people look all depressed and pi--ed off, leaning on their elbow on the window, then here I come, belting out my best rendition of Sherly Crow's "If It Makes You Happy." It's great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I sing every once in a while

·
Registered
79 Posts
What is it about riding that brings out the music? Usually the last song I heard will cycle through my head endlessly when I'm out riding. Unfortunately it might be something lame from the PA in a store. Celine Dione FTL.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
yeah, the toe tapping and head bobbing at red lights always brings the strange looks.
when I drive, I get the same crazy looks, but thats cause the only cd in my car is metalica....

·
Registered
719 Posts
I listen to music when I ride but I have to be carefull on my choices, other wise I get put into a "go as fast as you can mode."

And im also guilty of makin noises at passing cars lol

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Definatly sing in my helmet...

Whatever happens to be in my head...today its probably going to be that song by Fatboy Slim "Right about now, funk soul brother..."

·
Registered
96 Posts
I sing all the time riding my snowmobile and def puts me in "GO MODE"... so I'm afraid to do that on the bike. I dont want a ticket. Tho I suppose I can get one on the sled too.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
yep I do it lol I had a hanna montana song stunk in my head FOREVER bc my friend likes just ONE song of her's "I cant wait (to see you again)" I would just sing the chorus over and over on my lunch ride for like a week

1 - 20 of 65 Posts