Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
So he was a paramedic for 6 yrs., yet still rode at 140mph on the street. ::)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
too bad he didn't seem to learn from his years of paramedic experience treating crashed motorcyclists that it's a bad idea to go 140mph on the street.

·
Registered
92 Posts
"He was amazed that I had survived and returned the helmet so that I could use it in my own lectures on safety. "

hopefully when he talks about lectures of safety he means don't drive 140 mph on the street rather than make sure your wearing arai when going 140 on street.

·
Registered
170 Posts
A paramedic doing 140 on the street and then giving lectures about the safety of a motorcycle helmet after crashing. There is just something very wrong with that picture. :eek:

On the other hand, the Arai did do its job :)

J

·
0 Posts
I know it's already been said several times but......an experienced paramedic doing 140mph???? ???

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
stranger said:
why concentrate on arai? lots of helmets would have saved his life.
yeah uh.. isnt that what they are for?

I just dont get it when people are like ooooh aaaah that helmet saved his life!

maybe if more people wore helmets it wouldnt be such an effing revelation.. jesus.

THERES PEE IN MY KOOLAID TODAY IM SORRY! :-[

·
Registered
92 Posts
wonderjosh said:

maybe if more people wore helmets it wouldnt be such an effing revelation.. jesus.

THERES PEE IN MY KOOLAID TODAY IM SORRY!  :-[
i can understand why he would be like that. I was riding in a passenger seat of a lexus when my friend lost control into a tree at 35 mph. It was pretty freaky but I managed to come out unharmed and I feel lexus was responsible for that. It all comes down to how it performs when it's needed the most. For me, lexus held up in the clutch and kept me in the best condition possible. Arai did the same for the paramedic.

In todays world, too many things don't do their jobs as their supposed to, especially when they're needed most (many examples out there but titanic is one i can think of this second). You can obviously say that we just got lucky but hey, it worked once, so i'm sold for having great respect for lexus' and arai's safety features.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Maybe the Lexus didn't perform the way it was supposed to , but on the other side of the coin, maybe your friend should have had an understanding of how his Lexus was going to perform in an emergency situation.  I don't know the situation and I'm not trying to criticize your friend, I was just offering another perspective

I know exactly how my Toyota truck will perform if for example I have to break hard and swerve.  Not very well.  So I always try to keep that in the back of my mind when I am driving and try not to be in a situation where I will have to do that.  I don't tailgate, and I don't drive faster than I can react.  If that means going under the speed limit because conditions dictate, then so be it.

Sorry, back on topic.  It's because of these stories that I bought an Arai.  I understand that many helmets that are cheaper would protect me.  But my helmet is my last ditch effort and I want to be confident in it.  It makes me sleep better at night.  I have spent money on stupider things for sure.  It also fit nicely and was super comfortable and light weight.

·
Registered
92 Posts
THAT IS THE REASON I ALWAYS WEAR MY HELMET EVEN AT 30 MILES AN HOUR you can crack your skull. its just a smart thing to do. here in Florida there is no helmet law, but like i said better safe than sorry

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
dmroeder said:
Maybe the Lexus didn't perform the way it was supposed to , but on the other side of the coin, maybe your friend should have had an understanding of how his Lexus was going to perform in an emergency situation. I don't know the situation and I'm not trying to criticize your friend, I was just offering another perspective
you totally misunderstood his post... he was referring to the safety features of the car.. like, keeping him from dying in the crash

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
wonderjosh said:

THERES PEE IN MY KOOLAID TODAY IM SORRY! :-[
+ 100000000000000000

Too many states with the no helmet law and know thanks to our wonderful (stupid) governor with ABATE pushing all the way, it looks like WV may join the gene pool cleansing craze. Gov. Manchin (who I voted for w/o knowledge of his helmet agenda, of course the other guy was a pure ass and the state would have really been doomed) is pushing to have the Helmet law revoked... Hopefully people like old man Sen Byrd will keep him from doing it. All it will do is cause more squids to die, insurance to go up, and clean out the gene pool. And what for, just b/c they think it will increase tourism and commerce b/c the idiot cruiser/ harley/ cromeheads dont want to wear a helmet. Well screw them, lets keep our death toll low, keep motorcycles out of the "motorcycles = death" headlines and let the other states have them. I dont care if you call it freedom of choice, In WV we dont have the freedom to choose whether we wear our seatbelts or not, so as soon as they do away with the seatbelt law and this click it or ticket campaign then I might be persuaded to give it a second thought, but they will never do away with the seat belt law its a money maker.

Sorry I guess someone pissed in my Koolaid too.

Woody

·
Registered
179 Posts
wonderjosh said:
you totally misunderstood his post... he was referring to the safety features of the car.. like, keeping him from dying in the crash
I am a complete moron, I understand now that I read again. What the hell happened to the embarrassed smiley. I apologize for my post. I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I read it.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
dmroeder said:
I am a complete moron, I understand now that I read again. What the hell happened to the embarrassed smiley. I apologize for my post. I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I read it.
it's all good.. I never know whats going on ;D

·
Registered
17 Posts
i know a paramedic with a r6 and he cruises it if you ask him how fast it is he wont tell because he doesn't know. he is real safe on a bike. as for this dude its good he survived but going 140mph? what was he thinking

-Steve

PS that is a cool looking helmet

1 - 20 of 40 Posts