Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,007 Posts
You wanted to see if the security was flexing. He asked you to put on a helmet, something that would benefit you if something uneventful happens. So lets say it's not property rules. Either or, it's no big deal. It's not like he told you once you get on campus grounds, you have to get off and push your bike around.

I've had a cop bug me about my mirror a few years back. He wasn't a [email protected] about it, just always had something to say. Everytime we crossed paths, he always gave me the warning to get another mirror. He'd give me the whole "that's not a factory mirror, I can have the bike removed from the road." But since I came across as nice guy, he'll let me off. I'm not sure if it was the 4th or 5th time he tells me no hard feelings, he has to give me a ticket. I told him NYS allows only one mirror on motorcycles and doesn't matter which side. I've told him that each time. Fine I get a ticket.

I went to court, fought it, won and now he waves at me when I pass.

Note: for all those asking why I had only one mirror, a parked car tipped my bike and broke the barend mirror and I was waiting for the new one to come in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.