Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the helmet holder under the rear seat works? I've been trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
899 Posts
It really is that easy! Look under your rear seat and you will see the helmet hooks on either side of the trunk area.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any problems with using these scratching up the rear panels?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
slappermouth said:
Any problems with using these scratching up the rear panels?
just leaving it there while parked? you shouldn't have a problem. riding that way might cause some rubbing issues

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
like it isn't already scratched to hell from the drop. :-[

·
Registered
9 Posts
Keep in mind that some people have lost their helmets using those. Theives have been known to cut the chin straps and take helmets if they see a nice lid. I've had 2 friends lose arais like that. You still have to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What good is a helmet to someone if the strap is cut? I'm thinking even if a thief made one it wouldn't be strong enough to keep the helmet from flying off in a crash.

That sucks man....why can't people just leave stuff alone? I have another buddy who won't use his his because he cuaght someone spitting in his helmet once.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
My Arai will only work on the clutch side. Other than that, just slide on D ring in the there and replace the seat. Works good for me.

And if a thief wants to cut the strap to steal a helmet.. more power to him... I just hope he crashes and the lid flies off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts