Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/girls, I was wondering what kind of helmets you smaller guys wear? I'm 5'6 140lbs, so i'm pretty thin. The helmet I have now is an Arai Signet GT...I like it alot, but imo it looks kinda big and goofy for my body. Any other suggestions?

Anthony

·
Registered
419 Posts
I like to wear the smallest helmet I can and the Arai Astral fits my head when the Signet and Quantum models from the same company don't. A little harder to find than other models, in my experience, but you might give it a try, since you apparently already like the Arai brand.

·
Registered
248 Posts
AGV makes their helmets in 2 shell sizes so you might fit the smaller. I have an AGV V-Flyer and like it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a pin head....I can't wear hats and I have a hard time with helmets myself, always small or extra-small. I now have a small Shoei XSP2 that's great.

I think they use more than one shell size as well. That seems to be key, so they don't take a shell big enough for an XXL and fill it up with extra foam.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
AnthonyE said:
Hey guys/girls, I was wondering what kind of helmets you smaller guys wear?  I'm 5'6 140lbs, so i'm pretty thin.  The helmet I have now is an Arai Signet GT...I like it alot, but imo it looks kinda big and goofy for my body. Any other suggestions?

Anthony
Arai makes about the smallest shell size of any helmet, doubtfull you will find anything that is smaller... possibly AGV if the shape is correct for your head

try looking in a mirror with an HJC if you think your head looks disproportionatly big now

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
a long neck can make your helmeted head look like a big bulb too. there's not much you can do about it-- you get the DNA your born with and it ain't changin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts