Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
so i ordered a shark RSI and recieved it last night. due to the advice of Brian Van from sportbiketrackgear.com i ordered a small instead of a medium.
i put on the helmet and its really snug. after i put it on i have to adjust it so that it sits right on my head and not croocked way above my chin. (i have to pull the chin down so my chin doesnt stick out.
is this how tight a helmet should be?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Is the top of your head seating into the top helmet liner? You may want to remove the cheek pads so that the only thing you feel is the headliner. My Scorpion fits snug, and that's the way it should be..but your head needs to be fitting inside the liner. Do a head measurment and then look at the Shark sizing chart.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I noticed that Shark helmets fit differently than my HJC does. I have a HJC CS-R1 size XXL that fits perfect. My buddy just bought the Duhamel Shark helmet, size XL, and he let me try it on, and it fits just like my size XXL HJC does.

Seems to be a recurring theme among motorcycle gear. Sizing is the farthest thing from universal. My Icon jacket is a 4XL, when every other jacket I own is a 2XL.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Shark's fit a bit large. I typically wear a Large to Extra Large in an HJC, with my Shark I'm in a Large (Medium was just a bit too tight). It's broken in rather well over the last year and is the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well wore it around the house for an hour and it loosened up a bit. sorry for the waste of a thread. hehe

·
Registered
308 Posts
im in the process of returing a medium RSI which is suppoed to fit like a large. i went to a dealer and tried on some shark s650s which are supposed to fit like the RSI, and a small fit good so ill either replace it with a small RSI or a med RSX.

the good thing about going to the dealer is that it seemed like the check pads were borken in some from other people trying them on so it was easier to see how the rest of the helmet felt with out focusing on the tight cheek pads

also there are fitting instructions in the booklet that comes with the sharks if you didn't see them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts