Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I Just bought my friends 2003 SV650n that was involved in a wreck. He told me about this forum and how much help it has been to him. I'll be looking for handle bars and a new tank soon. I'm thoroughly excited to be joining the SV rider community and hope to add my help to forums. I'm going to try to do a build thread on various items I change/fix on my bike.

I have been trying to figure out what to do about my handle bars. It's the N and i'm kind of wanting to switch to the clip ons. every one has said the locator tabs stock clip ons won't match up to the N triple clamp but from all the photos of the N and S triple clamp and i can't see a difference. Am i missing something? Also do the woodcraft clip ons have the same ride height as the stock S clip ons? Also what would a good handle bar alternative be? Hope to talk to all you guys more!

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
You don't necessarily need the locator tabs, they just help make it easier to have them lined up proper on both sides.
Woodcraft clipons would likely be slightly lower than stock S clipons.
Good handlebar alternative would be Suburban Machinery SM1 or SM2 bars, or you could get something from Bikemaster....
Welcome to SVR!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts