Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. A bit of history real quick: I rode a Yamaha FZ6 for 3 years, then traded that for an FZ1. I'm looking to get back on a motorcycle after I crashed my FZ1 2 years back. While I loved the FZ1, I don't quite have the cash to buy something like that right now. Therefore, I'm going to see a 2005 SV650 tomorrow and I thought I'd ask for some advice from all the experts out there. Or just anyone that has opinions.

So first, I'd like to know how comfortable the bike will be on long trips for me. I'm 6'2" about 225lbs. I've read through a lot of the Touring section on the forums but was unable to see a specific post that addressed my height. I must say that people have done some impressive things to the SVs to make them more touring friendly in that post.

The used SV I'm looking at is a 2005 with 11k miles on it, never dropped. The owner put a full M4 exhaust on the bike. The guy is asking $3800 for it, which I'm thinking is a pretty fair price.

Any thoughts?

Edit per sticky: Located outside Philadelphia, PA: Go Phillies!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome to the site. My hubby has an FZ1 and I can see why at 6'2 you'd like the bike.

The SV is a blast to ride, but I can't help you with the potential comfort of the bike for you since I'm only 5'2. I have an 05 that I think $3800 would be a good price for the bike.

I've ridden my SV on a long 3500+ mile trip, loaded with luggage and had no problems what so ever. I ride with a stock seat too. I can't think of a bike I'd rather have than my budget SV650 N.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The only suggestions I could give are Buell 1" lower footpegs for a little extra leg room, a windscreen of some sort if you want the wind protection, handlebars to suit you (if stock isn't comfortable), and a factory seat modified by GreatDaytoRide.com.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deposit placed... should be picking it up on Friday (inspection had run out on it so I'm waiting for it to pass). Off to the mods section :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The only suggestions I could give are Buell 1" lower footpegs for a little extra leg room, a windscreen of some sort if you want the wind protection, handlebars to suit you (if stock isn't comfortable), and a factory seat modified by GreatDaytoRide.com.
Aside from the handlebars I've made all these changes and they helped a ton. I'm 6'0" by the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts