Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just thought I would introduce myself. I don't currently own an SV, but I am hoping to change that here in the new future.

I am always looking for a bike that has a reputation for decent performance, good reliability, and good gas mileage, and it looks like the SV would be perfect for that. As it is, I am trying to sell/trade a KLR 650 so I can fund the SV venture.

Are there any forum members in Southern Utah (St. George)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I forgot to add, I am thinking of getting the SV because I want something that will be good for in town, where I do the majority of my riding, but capable of doing a 400+ mile day without killing me.

From what I have read, the SV seems like it would fit this bill well, but for those of you with the experience, how does this bike do with some luggage and up to 500 mile days?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
first of all, welcome to the site.

you'd probably want to end up getting a gel seat of some sort for long trips like that. cortech makes some saddle bags that are pretty nice. i have some that came with my bike but i have yet to figure out how they attach to the bike itself.

the klrs are ok. they seem a bit too bulky and big for my liking. i've also heard they have horrible vibrations with anything over 60mph. i'm sure someone will take you up on a trade with that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The KLR is a big and bulky bike, it is a compromise on the street and on the dirt....but I think it is one of the true dual sports that CAN do highway and dirt. The others are swayed too far in one direction, in my opinion. Honestly, I haven't had any problems with vibes up to 75, but I have heard the same thing. I used to have a Ninja 250, and my hands would be numb after half hour on the highway with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts