Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trolling around on here for awhile but today decided to register. I don't have my SV yet but I am working on it. I sold a 1968 Mustang coupe and am looking for a bike. It's kind of hard to find any down here to be honest. So I have been looking up north as far as seattle on craigslist! All well, I guess sometimes you gotta go to them if they don't wanna come to you. So if anyone knows of a clean SV somewhere around Oregon let me know! I have about 3,000 to spend but I wouldn't mind spending less.

This is a bike that I have been looking at for the last few days. Well I have been talking to the guy over the internet and he has sent me a few pictures. It has 18XXX miles, maybe tipped over but never layed down, and he will take less than $3,000. Has anybody in Washington seen this bike/can vouch for it?

·
Chief Greeter
28,652 Posts
Hi WolfNman, Welcome to SVR. Have you seen the bike in person yet? Look it over good, bring a friend, he might see something that you may miss.

Good luck!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i havent seen the bike in person yet, It's about 7 hours away from me. Honestly I can't find any where I live, kind of sucks. I don't want to drive 7 hours just to find out that it has a knock or something, ya know? Guess it's all part of the game though.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone was wondering I did read the informative write up on buying a new bike. WHEW it was long, but very helpful!

·
OberKommandant
6,128 Posts
Welcome. Where in So Oregon? I grew up in Ashland. Have you checked out Northern California? Sacramento is probably closer than Seattle and might be more likely to have SVs.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have been watching there too. But the deal this guy is giving me on the bike mentioned previously, wow. $2,250 and it has 18xxx miles. Can't find that deal anywhere else so far. He says the previous owner is a friend who worked in a bike shop, sounds likely haha. I live in Eagle Point, you probably know where that is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome WolfNman. I have been on these boards for a little while and just bought my first SV last month. I will keep an eye out for you too, especially since I live here in Medford.

·
OberKommandant
6,128 Posts
Eagle point...yep, I know it well. I also spent some time living in Medford. I really miss that area, there is some great riding if you know where to look.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome WolfNman. I have been on these boards for a little while and just bought my first SV last month. I will keep an eye out for you too, especially since I live here in Medford.
Thank you! I think I am going to take a look at the one I pictured above. The guy seems like a trusty worthy dude, and even though I was looking for less miles, 17,000 isnt that bad if it has been cared for. I havent worked out the bugs yet, but this weekend I might be going to look at it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I like Southern Oregon, great place.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I went and put a down payment on this today. 2003 SV650S, >6500 miles. All stock, copper, never touched the ground. Paying 3700 for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts