Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve been lurking here for a few months and posted a couple times. Yesterday I finally bought an SV (technically SFV).
Had a DL650 years ago and then picked up a DRZ400SM a little while back. I figured there was some redundancy between the bikes and got rid of the DL. As fun as the SuperMotard is, it leaves quite a bit to be desired on the road and freeway and I started missing a "real" road bike. I've heard nothing but good reviews of the SV chassis and I’m already familiar with the motor, so I figured it was a safe choice. I can’t wait to flog it in a much more flickable chassis than the Vstrom.
Daily searches of Craigslist and the like finally netted me a decent SV example nearby yestrday.
Previous owner did quite a few minor mods including suspension so shouldn't need a lot of work. Stock parts are included so I can revert if I feel they don’t match my needs and riding style.
Now the DRZ can be reserved for mostly dirt duty and occasional SuperMoto track day

Here it is in the previous owner’s garage. Just left a deposit since it was raining and we both had prior commitments. Will be picking up on Friday. Doing my best to stay away from eBay to buy a billion personal touches (for now). More to come once it’s in MY garage and the tinkering and riding begins.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks like the PO did a good job warming those tires up (y)
Have fun, and stay away from Ebay! I bet it's gonna be a blast

1 - 2 of 2 Posts