Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I've been lurking on this forum for about a year so it's probably time I introduced myself. :)

I bought an '08 SV650 (naked) in April of last year, as my first bike after taking the MSF course on a Rebel. Needless to say, I nearly crapped myself when I took a test ride due to the higher riding position, more powerful motor, grabbier clutch and twitchy throttle! However, I got used to it, and ~2400 miles later I'm still upright (knock on wood).

This forum has been a great help to me in doing my own maintenance and in getting tips on motorcycling in general. Specifically, the vast consensus on break-in and engine oil made it easy to choose my path. :rolleyes: ;D

I bought an '08 Speed Triple this week, but I'm keeping my SV and getting rid of the car instead (mostly so I can still stop by here instead of the Triumph forums ;) ). Thanks to everybody who posts informed opinions and shares experiences; as time goes on I hope to return the favor.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome from the Bellingham Area! Hey we should get a group from the Wa. state and go for a ride or do a lil meet in seattle or something! I keep seeing other Sv riders around/passin me going the other way on the freeway. Im just sick of ridin by myself, haha.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah i wish I could make it that far, Im from bellingham! College student no Cash! can barely afford to put fuel in my bike maybe in June.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome, I bought my 08' SV650s in July of 08' and am defently lovin' it! I've got 6300 miles on it now! Seattle works for a group ride. I like the roads up north way better though.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
I guess since I'm here for the week I can send you welcome from Everett ;) It's beautiful here today, I hope you're out riding. I can't, I don't have a bike here. :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome, I bought my 08' SV650s in July of 08' and am defently lovin' it! I've got 6300 miles on it now! Seattle works for a group ride. I like the roads up north way better though.
I agree roads are nicer, less traffic, but east is fun too - mountain roads fun to Take all the back roads!

I went for a ride up to Mt. Baker the other day was great! was amazing/fun since its only like 45 mins away from my house

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, thanks for all the welcomes! I'll post some pics as soon as I manage to ride somewhere photogenic and bring a camera along (doesn't happen much due to the forethought required). :)

I did go out riding yesterday, it was beautiful; today looks to be the same before another stretch of rain. Sorry to the folks without a running bike (within arms' reach) today. :'(

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Hey from Kent!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yay, another amazing day for riding!! hellls yeah, gotta love this nice weather here. Me and the boys road up Mt. Baker the other day, and today was just a nice rush to ride Chuckanut (bellingham)! nice curves in the road. sweet. Ha, i just found out one of my neibors bought and sv too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts