Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Hap Squires, and I am on the dark side of 60. My main ride is a BMW R1200RT. About a month ago I posted on the Two Wheeled Texan site a request for suggestions about a sport bike. It was subtitled "old man wants to go naked". The response was great, with everybody giving suggestions and opinions. A frequent mention was the SV's. Yesterday, I purchased a '03 SV 650n. it is completely stock, or as some of you would call it a clean canvas.

I actually tried to buy a bike from this site's classifieds, but could never post. Apparently, I needed to make 25 posts and wait 14 days or some such. I understand (sort of) the reason for this, but think the forum should rethink this policy as regards to answering posts. This policy prevented one of your members from selling a bike.

Regardless, I am thrilled to be an SV owner. dubtecV2 has already provided me with a lot of helpful advise. There is a lot of good info here and I plan on being a regular reader.

-Hap

05 R1200RT
03 SV 650n

·
Registered
76 Posts
Complain, complain. Is that how you introduce yourself. Glad you got the SV. It should be a great bike for you to play with. I'm in my mid 50's and love hearing about older guys still riding the sport bikes. I still get my SV out on the track and drag a knee now and then. Have fun and keep us old guys looking as fast as we think we are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts