Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.

I thought I registered a year or two ago but not sure and couldn't find any notes on userid or password. The user ID I thought I used ("motormike") is taken and was registered on 4-24-2007 which was before my motorcycle career.

Anywho. I'm in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and own a 2006 SV650s since June of 2011.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Hello and welcome! We have a pretty good local group at this forum (Check out the thread called Anyone from SE MN.) We meet up for rides somewhat regularly. Would love to have you along! Lots of us from the Twin Cities area. :)

PS - Pics of your bike are always required! ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a pic of my bike in my avatar...that's a much as you'll get. I don't do photo-hosting accounts.

If anyone has information on the "sticker package" as part of the membership, that would be swell...I didn't see any information when I registered.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
^^^ what she said. Be sure to pop in and say hi. I also highly recommend looking in to ZARS. It is an incredible amount of fun right in your own back yard. I will link up more information when i get home if you'd like.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Hard to see the pic from the mobile site but it looks nice! :)

The sticker package is included with a paid membership. I think it's around $12 per year for the lowest level.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I said hello in the SE MN thread.

Does "ZARS" = Zalusky Advance Riding School? I googled it.

I'm still a noob rider with only 2,000 miles.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Yes it does. I think they are done for this season though. It is an absolute riot and i suggest getting in to a class early next spring. You will learn more in one day than two years of riding with out it. Ask me how I know. :naughty:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm more of a sport-touring guy than a track guy. Track days seem fun but chew up money fast.

I'm looking at buying a VFR800 soon for my ST endeavors.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
The courses are actually geared for all riders - track or street. They teach advanced riding techniques that will make you a safer rider on the street. :)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
The Advanced Riding School at DCTC isn't a track day - it's a closed course where you can practice your ridecraft (with excellent instruction) without worrying about intersections, cars, pedestrians, sand, etc. All sorts of bikes attend so no worries there. I've seen fully bagged Harley's, Goldwings, classic Triumph Thruxtons all the way to Ducati Panigale's.

As mentioned there is only 1 left this year and it's full.

Take a look into it next year - it's a fun day of riding and there is a good chance the stuff you learn will save your life at some point. Well worth the <$100 for a first timer.

Welcome to the forum!

go to imgur.com to host pictures w/o an account ;) Bike looks nice!

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
My first time out Ranger (one of the regulars around here) had her vfr, she had a great time, and was pretty fast. As stated, level 1 and 2 are both very oriented toward motorcycle control and will work wonders for street riding skill.

I have nothing to gain by you going, i am just another student there. But I strongly recommend everyone doing level 1. Getting that level of instruction ranks right up there with always wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome Mikeec,

I am a new rider too, just purchased my SV at the start of this summer. I lurk a lot on the forums but contribute when possible. The MN crew here is a great resource. I am probably overdue to join them for a ride and pie, but schedules seem to get in the way.

I plan to start off next summer by taking my first ZARS course as a tune up and just to become a better rider. Maybe we can coordinate and go on the same day or something if you end up deciding to give it a go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm, I'll consider the ZARS entry level course...it looks to be $50 for a new student.

I'm curious about Ranger and her VFR. I'll have to look for her profile details.

Jammers,
You're a goalie coach? My daughter is a goalie.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I think it's 95 for new students, i belive you are looking at the appreciation day pricing.

I have video of ranger rocking the vfr there. I'll post it up later.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
This is Ranger on her VFR at ZARS.

Not overly exciting, but proof it can be done. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts