Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone at SVR from SE Michigan (Dearborn).

New to posting, definitely not new to the forums, the SV, or motorcycling in general. No more lurking for me.

I’m on my 2nd SV…both 2003 nekkids, by coincidence. Lost the first one to a white Delta88 that decided to charge through a red light back in 2005. I bought my current SV from the SVRider classifieds a couple years ago.

Been motorcycling for about 25 years, off and on. I’ve had my endorsement for 15 years or so.

I’ll post pix in the next few days.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome from washington!

what have been your favorite bikes that you've owned?
Favorite bikes?
It always seems that the bike i'm thinking of buying next is my favorite.
But a couple stand out. I had a '92 GSXR-750 that was scary fun. And I had an '80's model Honda enduro that i basically grew up with. First bike I took on the roads. I was probably around 11 or 12 at the time. Northern Michigan plays by a different set of rules I guess. At least it did then.

But now that I think about it...my current SV is up there in the rankings, and it definitely takes the cake as far as "fun per dollar". Between the two previous owners, it has been lowsided twice at the track (opposite sides of course), so i'ts a little beat up. It's been brought back to life, but not with original parts, so nothing really matches. So I didn't pay very much for it. And that's the theme that I'm sticking with for this bike: spend very little on the modifications.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
welcome from Canada.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome bud, if you're ever cruising in the northern U.P. Drop me a line. Got a good group we ride with up here, most guys on Shadows but still a good group. It looks like Shadow country here more so than SV country.

Have a good one

Troy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts