Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just wanted to say hi from Austin, TX. Bought my copper SV650S about a month ago as an upgrade from the Ninja 250 I had. Was planning on a GSXR, but bought the SV650 at the recommendation from some friends and have been having a blast.

As a side note: yes the right side has some damage from an accident when I was riding with of my friends and he went down right in front of me and I locked the front brake while trying to avoid hitting him. :-\

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! From one ATX rider to another, I'm up on the north side by Lime Creek

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

I also live on the north side but closer to I-35 and Palmer ln. I went on lime creek once with a friend (his suggestion) about a month after I got my first ninja. That was a bad idea for a newbie rider.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey, I've been up around Lime Creek before! PM me if you guys want another person to ride with sometime.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the site. Copper was always one of my favorite colors for SV's. What are your plans for it?
Working on upgrades at the moment.

Probably going to buy Borka's HID retrofit kit

Need to upgrade the suspension, Trying to decide if i want to go with the racetech valves and springs, or if I want to go for the GSXR front end. Leaning towards the ractech option.

Some SS brake lines in the near future.

And since it does have some crash damage (my own fault), I'll need to get the right side fairing replaced and get the cowling repainted.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bit cold now, but do you ride often? I go out with the Austin Sportbike Rider's group every other weekend or so weather permitting.
im in san antonio and i ride the roads between here and austin often specially 281 area

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wow quite a few guys from Austin on the boards. I'm actually up in Round Rock on 620. Where does the Austin Sportbike Rider's group ride to? I use my bike as my commuter to save gas, so I ride most every day unless its below 40ish. Wednesday was pretty bad as it really never got above 35. I've been meaning to go hit up the hill country soon, weather permitting, to wear down some sidewall.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Bit cold now, but do you ride often? I go out with the Austin Sportbike Rider's group every other weekend or so weather permitting.
I ride any chance I get. To work, to the store, spirited runs. Doesn't matter.
Won't lie I haven't been on my bike in a week now. That was mostly due to a combo of Holidays and weather tho. My itch is bad right now as I thought I might ride today. Although it was only 46 it felt colder.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Wow quite a few guys from Austin on the boards. I'm actually up in Round Rock on 620. Where does the Austin Sportbike Rider's group ride to? I use my bike as my commuter to save gas, so I ride most every day unless its below 40ish. Wednesday was pretty bad as it really never got above 35. I've been meaning to go hit up the hill country soon, weather permitting, to wear down some sidewall.
Your pretty close to me, I'll shoot you a PM when we ride again soon.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Cool man appreciate it. I'll look into joining the asr group as well. I've only got six months left in Austin though, moving to El Paso in June.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts