Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK kids, here it is, my upcoming road trip. And I'm hoping to maybe see a few of you along the way 馃嵒 First, some background: my ex and eldest daughter are moving from the butt-hole known as Illinois to Raleigh NC next week Monday. Its a two day trip and I'll be driving the moving truck (yes, yes, moving the ex out of state is funny AF. The truth is we are still each others best buds, and I don't begrudge her one bit for getting sick of my :poop:) Anyway, my Little Suzy 馃弽 (the ex's name is Susan so I have fun with this) will be strapped in back of the truck for my ride home (the bike, not the ex.) Now, a direct trip back wouldn't be worth it at all. Seriously, that would just suck. Might as well take a freak'n train. So the plan is to spend a day or two tooling around Raleigh, then motoring over to Asheville for another couple of days. I'm planning on moving there after my youngest girl graduates from DePaul next year, and I want to check it out. Looks like my kinda place, all mountainy and stuff.

And then... well, how could I not... the Dragon! WOOT! (y)馃コ馃 Wait, do peeps still say woot? Wait, do peeps still say peeps? I don't know :unsure: But its 2010 again, which was the one and only time, sadly, that I went to the official SVRider.com rally, and I'm gonna get it on... FUCK YEA! 馃弽馃弽馃弽馃ぉ馃ぉ馃ぉ

Anyway, I'm super psyched, and if any of y'all have the time and inclination to meet up let me know. I'll be in Raleigh Tuesday next week. After that, no set agenda, just a general plan of action with only one real goal- needing new tires when I eventually, get home 馃榿

Registered
2000 SV650 N
That sounds like a blast Darren! I lived in the Ashville area for a short time. Beautiful place. Enjoy the trip and share some pics.

Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
This sounds like a blast, I hope the move goes well and you have a great time rippin across Appalachia back to Illinois. Asheville seems like a great place, when I lived back in the Chicago area, we considered Asheville for the reasons you mentioned... and at this rate it may still happen. I've got a lot of family back in that area and California is faaar away. I bet it will be a welcome change from Flatsville IL o_O

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well this sucks big nasty sweaty hairy extra vinegary crusty balls! Do to the massive incompetence of a national truck rental chain, I will be flying back from Raleigh 馃が馃が馃が馃枙馃枙馃枙

You have know idea. I hate flying. I mean I fucking HATE flying! The last time I flew was 5 years ago when I visited my dad in Florida. Now before this, I merely despised flying. The whole process. The entire experience. It is a dehumanizing trip through the gates of hell. But the flight home from that holiday trip took it to a whole new level. I found myself sitting next to a women whose proportions were never considered when the paltry seats we were squished into were designed. And squish she did. Her rolls literally rolled over the armrest and with no were to go, there rested against my arm. The whole fucking trip. Two and a half hours. And it was warm. Hot even after a while. Her gut, pushed up against my arm 馃ぎ

It was then that I swore, never again. Unless in business class or better at the front of the plane where there are two nice sized seats per isle as apposed to three in economy, I would NEVER again fly. So I took three of the five night stay's cash I had saved for my super awesome Smoky Mountain moto-woot, and bumped my seat to first class. Even if all I do is weep the entire flight 馃槩

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it's 8:30 Raleigh time and after two days, fourteen hours of driving the uhaul with my daughter's car trailered behind, my part is done. Right now the ex, the daughter and the two movers (stoned mooks) are emptying the truck and I'm five minutes up the road at The Goat Bar. Totally wasted on those two this is my kinda local neighborhood pub that the great creater blesses with every pour. Swiped the ex's kymco scoot to get here. Not the same as moto-woot on the Dragon. But its farty sounding exhaust amuzes me 馃槢

Registered
So it's 8:30 Raleigh time and after two days, fourteen hours of driving the uhaul with my daughter's car trailered behind, my part is done. Right now the ex, the daughter and the two movers (stoned mooks) are emptying the truck and I'm five minutes up the road at The Goat Bar. Totally wasted on those two this is my kinda local neighborhood pub that the great creater blesses with every pour. Swiped the ex's kymco scoot to get here. Not the same as moto-woot on the Dragon. But its farty sounding exhaust amuzes me 馃槢
Glad you made it safely! Sucks to hear about not being able to take the bike, guess you will just have to make a another round trip journey on the bike to visit them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts