Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The suppliers that I've contacted have advised me that Helibars are no longer available for the SV1000S (2003).

I am after a set that raise the clip-ons like the Helibars without having to change to a single bar or re-wire or extend cables.

Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
http://www.fastfromthepast.com/56-0026

The Tarozzi 70mm risers work well and with stock cables can be used pretty much at full height. You do have to reroute the throttle cables to the right side of the steering head but otherwise it's a bolt on deal. The height and angles can be adjusted so they don't contact the tank or fairing at full lock with some fiddling.

Oh...if you get them be sure to add the heaviest bar end weights as the tubular bars tend to sing with vibration where the stock bars are solid aluminum and fairly dead by comparison. I added some lead balls to each bar which deaden them even more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.fastfromthepast.com/56-0026

The Tarozzi 70mm risers work well and with stock cables can be used pretty much at full height. You do have to reroute the throttle cables to the right side of the steering head but otherwise it's a bolt on deal. The height and angles can be adjusted so they don't contact the tank or fairing at full lock with some fiddling.

Oh...if you get them be sure to add the heaviest bar end weights as the tubular bars tend to sing with vibration where the stock bars are solid aluminum and fairly dead by comparison. I added some lead balls to each bar which deaden them even more.
Thanks for the reply mate, greatly appreciated!

Don't suppose you have any pics of your bars?

Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took a few pics for you. This is very comfortable and about as high as will fit without banging tank or fairing.
Awesome, thank you. Probably just what I need!

·
Registered
403 Posts

----

---

British CNC top clamp ... with (Ebay Chinese) "Z" bars I found.
I was previously using flat "drag" bars but I needed extra spacers under the clamps to raise the bars so they wouldn't contact the tank. As it is, I'm still close! But this set up really does make the bike friendlier. I don't know what SooZook was thinking with the SV; it's not a GSXR racer. They could have softened the peg and bar heights and it would have been a much more practical bike.

I don't know if that guys still sells the CNC kit. He was a pain to deal with.. and I had to do some grinding mods to get my ignition key assembly to fit in there. I'm happy with it now... but not sure if the change in ergonomics affects the bike's handling (specifically, aerodynamics)...now that I'm up higher.

There's also the German Speigler upper clamp handlebar kit that was popular.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hey Tomboh.... you list, "Rearsets" on your bike description.

If this is the case... I doubt you'd feel comfortable with handlebar risers. You'll be squatting in the back like a pup on it's haunches...with your hands on the edge of the table!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts