Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I took a little 180 mile jont on Saturday afternoon. We started in Moorpark, CA on CA 23 to Fillmore, then CA 126 to CA 150 in Santa Paula. CA 150 to Ojai, then CA 33 up into the mountains. CA 33 eventually ends up in Taft, but we turned around about 30 miles from Taft (there was snow in them thar hills) and headed for home.

My friend took these shots from his i-phone. Next time we need a better camera:

This shot was taken from one of the many lookouts along the way. The shiney portion of the photo is the Pacific Ocean and the land mass on the horizon is part of the Channel Islands.

I took the SV off road (a slight 2' 60 degree incline and had my buddy snap this pic. Its too bad it came out so dark. I named it Heavenly SV:

It was a great ride.

· Registered
2,047 Posts
Seeing these pictures makes me even more furious that my back started really hurting yesterday for no reason, making riding painful. I was planning on either heading up the 33 or doing some riding in the malibu hills. Great pictures, I love it up there, despite the snow this time of year

· Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Google map of this road please. ;D I'm in the area often for work and would love to get out there.
Its CA 33. You can pick it up from US 101 in Ventura or if you are an adventurous sort that likes twists and turns, from the route I described above.

I'm not great with Google maps, but if your search Ojai and CA 33, this is what you get. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....458022,-119.251957&spn=0.05322,0.109863&z=13

Then again, if you are in the area feel free to drop me a line, I'm usually up for a ride -- as long as there are no honey doos lurking.

· Registered
1,721 Posts
You guys need to stretch your ride and I'll pick up with you for a tour of SLO County and maybe a jog up Highway 1!

For you out of staters, enjoy those Pics. We have no weather, no rain, and ultimately, no water. Everything you see in those Pics will likely be on fire in the next few months!

· Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was up there today, even got a shot of my bike in the same spot as yours. This is after I distracted myself by noticing the spot as the one from the picture and crashing.
Crash thread w/ video http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=95572
I've seen your bike parked outside the Harley shop before. Next time I'm over there, I'll see if I can track you down.

· Registered
772 Posts
You guys need to stretch your ride and I'll pick up with you for a tour of SLO County and maybe a jog up Highway 1!

For you out of staters, enjoy those Pics. We have no weather, no rain, and ultimately, no water. Everything you see in those Pics will likely be on fire in the next few months!
That's ok, here in Cleveland the water catches on fire too. (Wikipedia for those who might wonder where the joke is)

· Registered
12 Posts
i remember driving back to bako on 33 in my dads 1975 ford courier loaded with camping gear to the gills.
all i remember is screaming at the top of my lungs because i couldn't go faster then 30 in most places.
i should try it on my bike sometime.

old 58 is a good ride i hear...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.