Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing some Buster Headlights and am wondering if there is an easy way to remove the plastic back to the factory headlight. The wires that run to the speedo and tach cluster are running in one side and out the other. Should I just dremel tool the back cover??? Or is it east to just unplug the wires at the guages cluster if I take the cover off? I would prefer not to damage the plastic cover just incase I ever want to use it again. But I also don't want this to be a big hassle. How once I get the lights installed do I focus where the beam should shine???
Thanks I will post some pic once I get them on!

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
B.C. said:
How once I get the lights installed do I focus where the beam should shine???
Thanks I will post some pic once I get them on!
Trial and error my friend. The way I did it wasnt hard. Mount them up, and barely tighten the two mounting bolts. They need to be tight enough that they won't move, but loose enough that you can adjust the headlights up and down with your hand. Then just hit the road, find a long straight, and go from there. I just moved mine while riding, but you may want to pull over and adjust them rather than be dumb like me.

Edit: Be careful torqueing down the mounting bolts for the lights. Theres two things to watch out for, if you use too long of a bolt it'll run into the cone on the inside of the lights. And two, if you tighten the mount bolts too much, they will torque the headlights in opposite directions, AKA, one light will point up and the other one will point down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts