Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Im a new owner of a 05 SV650S and have been researching the idea of new headlights for my naked conversion.
I am hoping that this forum can provide some info on the headlight shown above..I found it here

http://www.flyncycle.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HLUVERBLK

At $49.99 for the set up...it sure beats the cost of the buell setup.....
says it comes "complete with mounting rubbers"....don't know if thats all i'll need to fit on the SV650S.

Anyone with advice or experience on this????

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would I need additional brackets (other than what's shown up there) to fit it on my 05 SV650S ??

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Looks like you might have to do it the old fashion way....trial & error. If you have the ability to fabricate, you can pretty much make anything fit. I highly doubt they produced this to fit exactly the same on every bike.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I used to have that light on an old bike. Not enough illumination for regular night riding/impossilbe to aim properly.

Sweist also had that light on his old SV maybe he can help more.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
by the looks of it, the bracket mount to the light, and the rubber straps connect the brackets to the forks. so yeah, i'm sure it works easy enough. and i've seen a couple bikes around here with them on it. last months svotm has it. check in that section.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
last month's svotm had the acerbis blitz, which i thought looked exactly like this....except this is VERTICA...i was suprise to see it so cheap...that's what attracted me...

regarding the illumination problem...seems like you get what you pay for

I could put in some higher W light bulbs..but im afraid that might melt the housing

Has anyone ever had their headlight housing melt due to the bulbs??
....it's a rumor i heard.
....never tested or heard of anyone that had it happened to them

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got that headlight and decided not to mount it once I got it. I went ahead and got the dominator set up. I'll part with it if you make a decent offer on it. Never been used, took it out the box mocked it up and didnt like it after all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would want to get it..but based on a lot of reviews about this...doesn't seem like to be a good headlight at all

I think I'll go with the buell....unless someone can tell me that they tried putting different bulbs on this and everything was fine

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
that light is junk if you plan on other cars seeing you.

or if you plan on riding after dark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts