Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the S to N swap on my 2001. I swapped the harness and everything went fine. For some reason my headlight just doesn't give me anything. Does anyone know where the headlight HI/LOW wires go? according to the wiring diagram it looks like they go to the fusebox (fuses fine), left control switch (looks fine in there), right control (dont know why, looks fine),and the Ignition (looks fine).

I tryed bypassing some wires here and there and the best i got was voltage showing on the high and with another combination voltage on the low. I think it was the wires on the yellow coupler from the left hand control switch (harness side).

If someone can help me read the wiring diagram to decipher where exactly the wires go and end up? Im new to the diagram. any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: inside of my left hand control switch there are two black/yellow wires tied together. OEM? was it messed with? is this my problem?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Do you have power at the fuse panel? # 1 and # 2?

Power to your lights comes through the dimer switch on the Y/W yellow with white tracer wire. It is then diverted depending on switch position to the high or low fuse #1 or # 2 and then to the headlight then to ground on the B/W black with white tracer wire. If you have no power in the Y/W then you need to trace it backward from there. Its hard to help any farther without the diagram your using. E-?

Hope this helps. I assume you have power everywere else, that your gages light and the bike runs fine other wise.

As for the two wires Id say they are bypassing your clutch lever position switch. Not OEM. this configuration will let the bike start in gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts