Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea...

I just sold my Buell Lightning headlights...

Currently I have:

1. Buel Firebolt 80mm Projector Headlights (Still waiting on the high beam)
2. Stock 2nd Gen S headlight
3. Infinity G35 HID Projector Housings (accidentally bought them today)

Gonna combine the G35 into the stock headlight, turn the Firebolt projectors into a Ghezzi-Brian look-alike, and then decide which projectors I like.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea... I'm a bit suspicious of the quality though... how are they able to have the same parts for less them half the price...

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Yea... I'm a bit suspicious of the quality though... how are they able to have the same parts for less them half the price...

Markup? I'm sure the profit margin is pretty healthy on the 'other' parts, and with the popularity of HID's on the increase, the prices should inevitably come down.

Or, they could just be crap parts that you should avoid. :dontknow:

·
Registered
684 Posts
almost all the hid kits that come from overseas are close or the same. different companies sell them for a much different mark up. i got 1 hid bulb and ballast in a box made for 2 so they just divy them up and sell them at the huge mark up

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Cadillac projectors I used looked almost identical. Do you have the bulbs, ballasts or ignitior caps?
Nope.. no bulbs, ballasts, or ignitor caps. :(

I probably won't be able to afford them for a while, at least until I sell off some of my non motorcycle stuff.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Remove rubber boots, lights, wire harness from headlights.
Preheat oven to 225°F.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, pry clear lens from backing.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea... I figured since my swingarm will be finished by this weekend I'd better get the headlights working.

Gonna turn the running lights into turnsignals, also. Since the flush mounts aren't very visible from the front of the bike.

The bike seems to be missing something (other than the swingarm), I dunno what though.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.