Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Theres really nothing to go by in that link other than a straight on pic of it, how does it mount? did it come with rubber straps? if it did those just slip around the fork tubes to hold it on, if it has bolt holes in the side but no brackes then your going to need to order some 41mm universal ones. Wiring should'nt be too bad, you may need a test light and some butt connectors but thats about it.

Edit according to this site the light came with "mounting rubbers", there should be a few little tabs back/sides of the housing. Just hook the strap onto one tab, stretch it around the fork tube and hook it onto the other tab, one on each side.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It comes with the mounting straps but they are too large in diameter for my forks. I still have the stock fork and clearly have too much slack in the straps

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
It comes with the mounting straps but they are too large in diameter for my forks. I still have the stock fork and clearly have too much slack in the straps
Maybe try an an exacto knife, cut another notch in the straps? Being that their made for dirtbikes that usually have huge upside down fork tubes they naturally came with straps for that size range of forks.

My best advice would be to cut another notch in the straps or get a gsxr front end with bigger forks lol.

*edit* or maybe go to the auto parts store and look at a few different size o-rings to use as a strap, you can probably find some thick ones that would be plenty strong enough to hold that headlight on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts