Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Of course this is only applicable to states with inspections on bikes.

Here in IL, anything goes, unless you get pulled over. Even then, its usually for improper tag display than anything else.

I've got Silverstars on my S and think they're not too bad. I've even ridden with a dark smoke shield without any issues.

Of course I live in a big, well-lit city so its not that big of a deal for me.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Sorry :p

I'm trying to get the headlights aimed properly before I take pictures and I haven't had time to do so yet. I'll grab a quick picture though of the unaimed lights.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
only a matter of time, its on some bikes already

you guys may think its a joke, but I don't when homeland security is seizing gray imports as contraband

and you won't even have to wait fer inspection time, I've seen some pretty sophisiticated test equipment at roadside inspections
Well, you can disable the OBD2 port very easily.

Plus, if it's anything like cars, support for a lot of commands is sporadic and inconsistent.

·
Registered
32 Posts
my innate hatred for all ill adjusted HID lights on any kind of vehicle prevents me from putting them on my bike. .02

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
^^^ DAYYYYYYMMMMNNN!!!!!! ok its time for you sir to post up the tutorial... :naughty::naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Sorry :p

I'm trying to get the headlights aimed properly before I take pictures and I haven't had time to do so yet. I'll grab a quick picture though of the unaimed lights.
Are you running the stock reflectors or ones designed for HID lights? If they are the stock ones don't bother aiming them, you're going to blind oncoming traffic no matter how you aim them.

Brighter is better to a certain extent, but we aren't the only ones using the road.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts