Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an ongoing headlamp problem that I work on then give up on for months and then try again. I am determine to have it fixed.

I bought my 2006 SV1000s (this IS technically an sv1000 question, I hope thats ok) from a guy who had a cool naked set up. I had all the S plastics and wanted to put them on.

I hooked up the headlamps to my S front end according to this wiring map (http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152499).

Here is what I get: At all times the small lights on the outside of the main headlamps are always on.

When the HEADLAMP SWITCH IS ON LOW my main headlamp bulbs are not activated at all and I have no blue indicator light. When I turn the HEADLAMP SWITCH TO HIGH I do get the blue indicator light and my headlamp bulbs become activated but they are dim, probably the amount of light that should be put out when the switch is on low.

Summary:
SWITCH ON LOW: NOTHING
SWITCH ON HI: BLUE INDICATOR AND DIM HEADLAMP ACTIVATION
LITTLE OUTSIDE LIGHTS ALWAYS ON

I checked the relays and they seem in order. I took apart the switch on the bar mount and that seems to have never been touched by anyone and looks fine. Those two small outside lights are connected with plugs that are made for each other (brown and black wires). My headlamp wires were all loose (white yellow and black) and i tried to do a real nice job connecting them to a headlamp plug that connects nicely to the headlamp bulb.

Help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts