Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone rig up the mounting brackets for the headlamp? i was thinking about trying to find something off of mcmaster carr instead of the 45 a piece oem ones. what would the O.D. be of the shock?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I made my own. They look pretty good from a distance, but up close, I probably could've done better. They're just some aluminum plate that I made to move the headlight slightly up and out to provide clearance for the steering damper. The bands around the fork were made from some extra 4" hose clamps (never got around to installing my dust collector in the shop) that got cut drilled and bent.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did this using similar clamps to what has been posted (rubber-cushioned loop clamps, adell clamps, whichever name you'd like) from www.zsi-inc.com as I couldn't order from McMmaster Carr or any of the other big name hardware guys. The fork diameter is 41mm, you'll need clamps with a diameter of 1.5".

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I had one night to get my bike legal so I could ride make it to work the next day. Gorilla tape + exhaust hanger = ghettorific.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts