Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all of his "walking on water" Obama finally made a joke about the one group he couldn't, no excuse about race on this one for Jesse Jackson or Sharpton :lmao:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has apologized for a gaffe in which he described his bowling skills as akin to participants in the Special Olympics, a sports program for people with intellectual disabilities.

Obama made the mistake during an interview on Thursday night on "The Tonight Show" with host Jay Leno, the first time a sitting U.S. president had been on the show.

Talking about living in the White House, Obama said he had been practicing his bowling in the home's bowling alley and had scored a 129 out of a possible 300.

It was an improvement on the embarrassing 37 he had rolled during a stop on the presidential campaign trail a year ago.

"It's like -- it was like Special Olympics or something," Obama said.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
After all of his "walking on water" Obama finally made a joke about the one group he couldn't, no excuse about race on this one for Jesse Jackson or Sharpton :lmao:
Yeah, that's something you or I (and certainly Leno) could get away with saying without so much as a flinch from the audience but it was a pretty dumb thing for the president to say. Just because he's on a late night show doesn't make him a comedian. My first thought was, "We'll be hearing about that in the news for a week." Oh well.

BTW, the special olympics is for people with physical disabilities as well as mental.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Impeach Him!!!!1

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I think the Pres should go on talk shows and such. Why shouldn't he? The presidents and PM's of other countries do it to reach out to the people.

I bet more people watched that than do his State of the Union addresses--it'll help him to communicate to a larger audience.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
I think the Pres should go on talk shows and such. Why shouldn't he? The presidents and PM's of other countries do it to reach out to the people.

I bet more people watched that than do his State of the Union addresses--it'll help him to communicate to a larger audience.
yep, cuz knowing who he picked in his bball bracket and how he bowls like a retard is REALLY important. :jerkbag:

·
Registered
4,657 Posts

Totally agree. It wasn't a waste of time or anything of the sort. It's not like he's on vacation at his ranch or something. He didn't appear for "fun"; it was to communicate to the public. Being a leader isn't just about making decisions. He just needs to be a tad more careful.

BTW, I am slightly suspicious that it was an intentional gaff, but I can't figure out his angle.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
You're missing the point, Zach. Just because he's president doesn't make him immune to the ways people live.

You sound like those idiots who vote based on the fact (imagined or not) that the candidate "Just doesn't seem presidential."

Not calling you an idiot, mind you.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
yep, cuz knowing who he picked in his bball bracket and how he bowls like a retard is REALLY important. :jerkbag:
Did you watch it? He got in as much policy/ financial stuff as conceivably possible and again, even if it was only 20% on topic, that's still 5' more then the public would have heard of him if he was on CSPAN or something.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
You're missing the point, Zach. Just because he's president doesn't make him immune to the ways people live.

You sound like those idiots who vote based on the fact (imagined or not) that the candidate "Just doesn't seem presidential."

Not calling you an idiot, mind you.
I have zero problem with Obama acting outside of what is "normal" for a president. I take issue with obama going out and acting like this president thing is a big game. He's spent hundreds of billions of dollars and, in what I think is a ploy, goes out and does this stuff like there is nothing going on.

I'm not as conspiracy theorist minded as tcl, but his faux pas could definitely be used as a media destractor.

But alas, I'm leaving for kentooky now, so /drama for me!

peace :vroom:

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Did you watch it? He got in as much policy/ financial stuff as conceivably possible and again, even if it was only 20% on topic, that's still 5' more then the public would have heard of him if he was on CSPAN or something.
but what's playing on my radio this morning?

his f-up and the jokes about picking a swing state. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Wow...all that leadership, knowledge, AND he has a great sense of humor. This man is like god...NAY....BETTER than god.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow...all that leadership, knowledge, AND he has a great sense of humor. This man is like god...NAY....BETTER than god.
hah that's how he got elected, because although i sense a slight bit of sarcasm in your post, too many(way too many) Americans actually think that :( so sad

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 39 Posts