Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the stock rear fender and decided to cut & rewire my LED turn signals (PO just had the wires covered w/ electrical tape). Now when I turn the signals on I get nothing, but when I turn on the hazzards they work fine. I've checked all the fuses (I believe) and they all look okay. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
decided to cut & rewire my LED turn signals
Please provide more info. What was done during the cut and rewire? Just improving the existing connections shouldn't have caused a problem.

If I read you right, everything was just fine to start?

The fact that your hazards work confirms that almost everything is correct.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was replacing the rear fender w/ an eliminator. The signals worked fine before, but the wiring was a little shabby so I had this bright idea to cut the wires, strip them and put them back together w/ a little solder and heat shrink tubing. That's pretty much all I did.

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
Hmmm. Well if all was just fine before, and you mucked only with the tail kit wires, then your problem must be there. Focus only on what was touched.

Can you tell me the color of the wires which were repaired (bike harness side colors), and what lights they attach to?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if the wires were touching or something, but I disconnected and rewired them again and let the bike sit for a while. Then the signals came back on. I hope they don't go out again. We'll see.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts