1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
That looks painful to ride...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Every time Confederate comes out with a new bike they get alot of press, but not alot of sales. Already went broke and shut the doors once, not sure why it would be different this time. The Wraith is another technically interesting bike to look at, but I would never want one.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
The Wraith is another technically interesting bike to look at, but I would never want one.
That means you simply don't have enough money (being able to set fire to a pile of bills totaling $100k with it having No affect on your lifestyle) to appreciate it's true function.

I would rather have one on the floor than a De Kooning on the wall.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...8E84244527A16CEC0A0B3FD0B38A24750&FORM=IQFRBA

Now excuse me while I go try to save 0.03 on soda.

·
Registered
731 Posts
To me, a bike is not truly beautiful if there is limited function to the form. I see this as just another take on the novelty Harley scene.

I did see a couple of these being ridden on Mulholland drive once. So I guess they are somewhat rideable.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Why do all these customs and whatnot always use Hardley lumps for engines? I just don't understand. :(

So you ride it leaned over while still having your legs and pelvis in an upright seating position. Looks awkward and painful...

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
To me, a bike is not truly beautiful if there is limited function to the form. I see this as just another take on the novelty Harley scene.
Depends what function you are trying to achieve.

Is a Goldwing not beautiful because it can't corner with an R1? Is an R1 not beautiful because it can't tour like a Goldwing?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Why do all these customs and whatnot always use Hardley lumps for engines? I just don't understand. :(

So you ride it leaned over while still having your legs and pelvis in an upright seating position. Looks awkward and painful...
Oh god the rooster tail that must cause lol didn't even think about that...

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Confederate has a kind of "steampunk"-ish aesthetic. Not really to my taste, but I admire the originality.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Its the best way to burn fuel without any Horsepower.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
I believe they use an S&S engine rather than a Harely. They are also made in WI and may have a higher domestic content.

http://www.sscycle.com/feature/featureview.php?s_id=17
They use a JIMS engine - basically a gussied up Hardley.
While it does make decent torque - 145ft/lbs - I would expect more from a tuned and built 2 litre engine...

Reading their (JIMS') website, apparently their engines are designed with drag racing in mind? I would think you'd want a high-revving engine for that, so you could use a more advantageous final drive ratio and have to shift less...

BUT, before I sound too much like an *******, I guess I'll stop here and say that's what the target audience wants. (Apparently they want garbage. :p)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the rider in that pic looks like he's just tucking to try to "look cool" (and failing miserably):

That looks like a chick to me, and no she does not look like she's tucking at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts