Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like the title states, I have 5 3/4" dual headlights and I need some wind protection. I've searched and searched and the only thing I found was one guy who asked the same question twice at the same time in two different threads. Not too much info.

I know there are other people running this setup, what are you using for wind protection on the freeway/highway? Someone said you could just find a windscreen you like and make up a bracket. How would you make sure it won't fly off at 80mph? If I have to, I'll create my own windscreen because being beat up by the wind sucks.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, but their windscreen looks like it'd be too narrow. Their lights measure about 8.5" wide, mine would measure over 10" wide.

Maybe I should just put this bike back to stock? I just bought this bike about 2 weeks ago and it came with these lights. I love the output at night, they're AWESOME. I take it the stock light, is weaker?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That guy in the second link has 4" duals, mine are over an inch bigger in diameter. I wonder how much protection that offers anyways.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
but if you put it to stock how is the windshield problem getting fixed? that's the main point of the thread right? lol... (unless you got the stock windscreen)

I personally have the stock single headlight with no windscreen (wind hits hard when 75+ mph but I just fight it!)

from aztec8.com

http://aztec8.com/id76.html

If you decide to go stock I'll be interested if you plan to sell the duals...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I go back to stock, there are a ton of windshield options that attach to the top of the light. Simple set up and substantial wind protection from what I've read.

I'm coming from a Ninja 500R. It has less power than the SV, but on the freeway, I can EASILY get past 80mph, just tuck behind the windscreen and all is good. Going over 80mph on the SV is asking to get beat up and constantly fighting. It also seems that the SV has less power once you hit 80mph. Could be it's just the wind making me uncomfortable. ???

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm going to be in the same boat pretty soon - I just bought the 5 3/4 lights and just planned on going screenless until I stumbled upon something, but I would also greatly appreciate any input. I've tried searching too, but came up will nothing.

·
Registered
750 Posts
+1 on the speed trip/street trip windscreen. They're pricey though....

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent!! Thank you! I forgot I had read somewhere that the 5 3/4" were Speed Triple lookalikes. Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts