Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the mall getting some food and on the way out my friend and I started talking to this guy on his gixxer 1000. He was looking at our bikes and said hey man when did you drop your bike (to me). I told him I haven't dropped it what are you talking about. I got off and when to the exhaust side and my frame sliders were scratched up, my bar end was bent and scratched, the right rear view mirrow was scratched and two spots on my 2 month old 05' full yoshi race exhaust w/ tri-oval carbon fiber can. I WAS PISSED! Now that explains why either Weds of Thurs I remember getting on my bike and the right rear view mirrow messed up. But the time I didn't think anything of it other than someone bumped into it. This is why I've always wanted an alarm so I can tell when someone is sitting on my shit! So everyone that says alarms are a waste of money bullshit. If someone wants to take it go ahead I have full coverage and all my receipts for all my purchases for it. Thats why on friday when I get paid I"m gonna get the alarm and install it. Because everytime I ride it if I go inside somewhere its only for a short time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That really sucks!

I usually try to give my bike a look-over before I ride. That's what they teach in MSF.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I sympathize.

I have learned that things like this are just part of riding motorcycles. When you ride a vehicle with such sex appeal and can be so easily dropped and scratched, it shouldn't be too much of a suprise when something happens. That is, if the bike is left in public often.

It has taken me a long to accept that and get over it, and learn to not let those things bother me. Of course I get really pissed off when I find out about it, but I don't let it keep me from enjoying the ride, which is not affected by cosmetic issues.

sure fucks up the resale value though :(

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See the thing that pisses me off is not really the damages i can fix that. Its the pricible that someone is such a dumbass to get on another person's belongings and damaging it and saying nothing about it. I dong get inside a convertible c5 and tear up the interior.

·
Registered
37 Posts
t-1000 said:
I sympathize.

I have learned that things like this are just part of riding motorcycles. When you ride a vehicle with such sex appeal and can be so easily dropped and scratched, it shouldn't be too much of a suprise when something happens. That is, if the bike is left in public often.
Very true. Look at it this way - when you're out there you take the risk of some dumbass messing with your bike when your not around. But that same dumbass is taking the risk of getting his ass beat if you ever do catch him in the act...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Never to my bike, but I used to wait tables at California Pizza Kitchen and it is in a large mall. No matter how far out in the parking lot away from other cars i was, I must of averaged a new door ding a week on my car. It pissed me off for several reasons. I can't stand people that are just careless and on top of that, not a single person took reponsibility for what they did. The door dings may go by unnoticed by them, but I'm sure someone realized they did some damage. Knocking over a bike is a totally different story. I'm sure the person that did it was actually happy cause they did the damage and wouldn't have to pay.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yeah that sucks that ppl are messing with your bike but do you honestly think an alarm is going to help? they can get on it and drop it just as fast... you may get out there a few minutes earlier than you would with no alarm but same effect...

you're better off putting a bike cover over it everywhere u go, that way they can't sit on it without taking the cover off.. u can get the covers that use lil padlocks on the bottom and just stash the cover in ur tail when your riding around...

·
Registered
198 Posts
NaranjaTang said:
See the thing that pisses me off is not really the damages i can fix that.  Its the pricible that someone is such a dumbass to get on another person's belongings and damaging it and saying nothing about it.  I dong get inside a convertible c5 and tear up the interior.
+1. people have no respect for anything besides themselves or their own stuff.

i took a weekend trip one weekend and that saturday morning my roommate calls me to tell me he had to pick up my smaller cruiser off the ground.  :eek:  :mad: at the time i lived in a brand new *gated* apt complex (that wasnt on the cheap, and as such had "classier" tenants), and i STILL had to deal with that crap. the very next week i moved in with a friend who lets me have full reign of the garage. no more worries.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Usually a cover keeps most idiots from sitting on the bike. You can get small half-bikini dust covers that fit easilly in a tank bag or backpack that you can use while in a mall, they just cover the top of the bike and install in a second. I keeps off just about all the dumbass teenagers and parents who plop thier kids on the seats. It would be funny if some jerk sat on the bike and when you got there was still trapped under it though ;D

·
Registered
89 Posts
That blows man. At the last place I lived there was some idiot that kept picking up the rear end and sliding the bike sideways. Never found out who that was. Man that burned me up. :mad: That's the tough part of having a bike. I wonder if someone was a dumbass and knocked it over w/ their car (??) I've heard of people just whipping there cars into parking spaces and not see that a bike is there until it's too late. I always park real shallow in spaces so that my rear tire is pretty much inline w/ everyone else's rear bumpers so drivers will immediately see that a bike is there.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
moto_ufo said:
I always park real shallow in spaces so that my rear tire is pretty much inline w/ everyone else's rear bumpers so drivers will immediately see that a bike is there.
Yes! I always do this...but because through the years of driving pre-motorcycle I would always get pissed when I would think there is an open spot and I pull in and there is a bike keep in the spot. I never want to be that stupid rider that pisses off others and I don't want my bike to get assrammed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
PaPa-G said:
Yes! I always do this...but because through the years of driving pre-motorcycle I would always get pissed when I would think there is an open spot and I pull in and there is a bike keep in the spot.  I  never want to be that stupid rider that pisses off others and I don't want my bike to get assrammed.
Good point, yeah, if you parked deep in the space and someone thought it was open I guess some jackasses would actually ram the bike out of road rage b/c they thought it was an open spot.  We must not make the cages angry   ::)

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
At my friend's apartment complex there are these two 6-8 year old boys that are fascinated by my bike and ask me to do wheelies.
Last night, when riding in that complex and about to park, I saw those two kids again walking up to a parked
GSXR1000.  When they saw me riding by they yelled something about asking me a question. I just gave them a thumbs-up and rode by.  When I parked my bike, I saw them climbing up on the 1000.  That explains why I saw my passenger pegs down a couple weeks ago at that complex.  So I periodically would step outside to check on them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ShaggyZ said:
...I saw those two kids again walking up to a parked
GSXR1000.  When they saw me riding by they yelled something about asking me a question. I just gave them a thumbs-up and rode by.  When I parked my bike, I saw them climbing up on the 1000.  That explains why I saw my passenger pegs down a couple weeks ago at that complex.  So I periodically would step outside to check on them.
I woulda told them that's not their bike and to stay off. Also if it fell on one of them that could be real bad too. I can understand their fascination though. When I was their age I used to climb on my dad's old Yamaha 400 when he wasn't home ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
WOW ShaggyZ that situation with the 2 boys is kind of scary dude. You should really say something to them (not that is would help probably). But, then when your bike falls on one or both of them and crushes them at least you can say you tired (for whatever that is worth). I mean I can just see you getting sued over the death of two small boys where the parents in some money grubbing way are trying to say you are at fault. Then they subpoena your computer and down load this thread and we all have to appear in court... :) Ok I may be getting a little outta control with this but you feel me right.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The thing w/ the alarm, is it's help keep people away if they get close and the alarm goes off (unless of course they're drunk or something). I dont know of anyone who would still sit on a bike while the alarm was going off in the very front of a parking lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts